need to buy a PC for video editing/ visual effects/ 3D rendering- approx. 60k

mithunfan

Disciple
1. Q: What is your budget?
1. 60k

2. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
1. CPU -
2. Motherboard -
3. GPU -
4. RAM -
5. Monitor -
6. SMPS -
7. (please mention the rest in above format)

3. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
1. Mumbai

4. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
1. Yes

5. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1. Video Editing
2. visual effects
3. 2D and 3D animation and rendering
4. softwares i will be using: 3Ds Max, Cinema 4D, MAYA, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, zbrush, xsi
5. Gaming
6. Watching HD movies

6. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

7. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
1. No

8. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
1. Windows 7 64 bit/ windows Vista 64 bit

You don't wanna buy a cabby? And btw what components are you gonna retain from your current rig (which is there in your signature)

For video editing and 3D rendering, I think it is worth waiting a couple of months for AMD Bulldozer. The likes of Adobe CS5 and Cinema 4D are heavily multithreaded and it will be interesting to see them leverage all 8 cores of Bulldozer. On the other hand, if you are in a hurry to get a new system, Core i7 2600 seems like a no-brainer. The problem with Phenom II X6 is that it lacks SSE4.1 and SSE4.2 - big problem for using Adobe CS5. Also, get a decent Nvidia graphics card as CS5 leverages CUDA acceleration. These applications all use a ton of RAM when rendering so minimum is 8GB, recommended is 16GB. Finally, what footage are you planning to edit? I.e. from which camera?

^ +1
I recently suggested a Dell XPS 9000 with 4TB Hdd & 24GB RAM, Its not for me sadly :( but for one of my clients.

Its for one of the company's Designers who uses Adobe Master Collections for all kinds of things from Web Designing to rendering 2d & 3d videos.

hey guys thanks for your replies.

@hades - its another system. need to buy evything.

@sub: cameras will vary, but mostly HD footage.

not sure if i can fit all this within 60k. any suggestions on possible areas to compromise?

CPU Intel Core i5 2500 10250

Motherboard Gigabyte H67MA-UD2H-B3 7500

RAM Corsair XMS3 1600MHz CL9 2x4GB 5400

HDD Seagate 7200.12 1TB 2700

GPU MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr II 14800

Monitor BenQ G2220HD 7500

Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2100

PSU Corsair VX550 4600

Keyboard Razor Arctosa 2000

Mouse Logitech MX518 1200

ODD Samsung/LG/Sony 900

Speakers Altec Lansing VS2621 1500