Need to buy a phone under 30K

sam9953

Adept
Hi guys, I am going to have my exams from 12th to 24th and I am planning to buy a new phone right after my exams end. Below are the specifications for the phone I want:

1) At least 4 inch screen size, Android OS, 8 mp camera preferable (5mp will also work), latest android version

2) If it has some internal memory, it will be preferrable

3) Good battery backup, the higher the better.

4) Should be able to play video formats like mkv and rmvb

5) Budget is 30K

6) Bottom Line: Something which can compete with the S3

One more thing, do you guys think that phones of reputed brands like Samsung and other have international warranty applicable,, so that if I buy it from abroad and the warranty is applicable here in India.

Another thing I want to know is that if a good and competitive phone is going to be launched in the next two or three months then I can delay my purchase, is anything like this going to come out soon?

Sony Xperia T and Xperia V is going to hit the stores next month. Both these phones look very promising and would give any top of the range smart phone a run for its money. Have a look at few benchs here

Sony Xperia TX, T and V benchmark scores are here - GSMArena.com news

Thanks, but do you they will end up below 30?

- - - Updated - - -

One more question from all you guys: Is there any way I can get a phone like S3 or something above 30K for a price below 30K? I mean using some ebay coupons or some cheap but original mobile selling shop in Delhi? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, but do you they will end up below 30?

- - - Updated - - -

One more question from all you guys: Is there any way I can get a phone like S3 or something above 30K for a price below 30K? I mean using some ebay coupons or some cheap but original mobile selling shop in Delhi? Any help is appreciated.

You can get S3 at lower price(such as 31k at max) from eBay, but mostly such low cost models are imported ones(from UK and USA) and have no official warranty from Samsung, though dealers give you some sort of 3-6 months replacement warranty from their side

If you can wait, then the new Xperia line mentioned above is great but there's one caveat

The Sony Xperia TX also joins the party - it's nearly identical to the Xperia T, but is headed to Asia. According to its white paper it packs a Snapdragon S3 chipset, although the Sony product page says otherwise so we can't be perfectly sure. So either the TX will have dual-core Krait processor and Adreno 225 or dual-core Scorpion CPU and an Adreno 220 GPU. Either way the RAM is 1GB

I dont know what companies like sony and HTC think of Indian market and release phones having under powered or last gen chipset, if you are okay with the S3 chipset then you can consider it too

As for my suggestion, Sony Xperia S is my opinion, also Google announced that it would be part of the experimental builds joining the likes of Nexus devices, so it would get the new android quickly

You can get S3 at lower price(such as 31k at max) from eBay, but mostly such low cost models are imported ones(from UK and USA) and have no official warranty from Samsung, though dealers give you some sort of 3-6 months replacement warranty from their side

If you can wait, then the new Xperia line mentioned above is great but there's one caveat

I dont know what companies like sony and HTC think of Indian market and release phones having under powered or last gen chipset, if you are okay with the S3 chipset then you can consider it too

As for my suggestion, Sony Xperia S is my opinion, also Google announced that it would be part of the experimental builds joining the likes of Nexus devices, so it would get the new android quickly

Please give me a few models which you think will be competitive to current phones like S3 and One X. Don't mention the lines, like nexus line.

Please give me a few models which you think will be competitive to current phones like S3 and One X. Don't mention the lines, like nexus line.

Hers the price breakdown from 25k to 35k

Galaxy Nexus-25k
Xperia S-27k
Motorola Razr /Maxx-28-29k
HTC One S-29k
Xperia ion-35k
Galaxy Note-30k
Galaxy S2-27K

These are the phones competitive to One X and S3
The prime two choices would be One X or Sony Xperia S, based on your preference

If I go by above specifications u mentioned, u don't need battery draining quad-core phones. And there is no app, which runs on Quad-core but not on Dual core, even max video rec. resolution is same for both viz 1080p.

So save money & Go for Either Galaxy Nexus, since u don't bother about camera & only 16gb internal memory, but biggest plus is HD Screen, JB on the go + Google promised timely updates. All of the apps n games are always optimized for Google phones.

Or Go for Motorola Razr Maxx, since battery is biggest advntg(2.5 times of GNex) & 8mpix camera.

Decide better by checking this: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4219&idPhone2=4666

^ those two phones you mentioned, I wasnt even thinking about them, but might give it a thought. Do quad core phones drain battery so much? Is it even less than a day?

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like galaxy nexus is real old.

Actually if you use your phone too often and will have 3g on all day with push notifications then no Android phone other than Razr MAXX will last a day.
If you are a power user like me, for whom the phone has replaced the laptop as a consumption device, then 12 hrs max is the battery life you will be looking at.
Android/Smartphone with big screen = bad battery life in general.

This is what I use my phone for:
Making calls, very very less internet usage, Dictionary, Dictionary and Dictionary. No gaming and no usesless stuff. With that how much do you think the One X or any other 4 incher will lasts?

if thts ur basic usage y spend so much ?? get S2 or even arc s. They will make up fr ur needs and save some cash. That is if u r not hell bent in buying best of the lots.
S2 is like Old now, arc S as well. That is the only reason. I will have trouble in reselling if I buy such old phones. Plus 8mp camera is a must for me.

With your kinda usage any phone will be able to last 18-20 hrs if you dont keep 2g/3g on all day long for notifications.
I keep my 3g on all day and the best phone when it comes to battery life with that usage has been the iPhone 4s and i am pretty sure iPhone 4 will give even better battery life.

Back