Need to buy a Screw for projector ceiling mount

I need following specification screw, to mount something from ceiling :(

Unable to find it in local store, as they are not able to understand the specification.

Can anyone please help me :(:(

 Screw type: M3*3
 Maximum screw length: 10mm
 Minimum screw length: 7.5mm

thought you'd missed out an "a" in the title :p

grammar nazi:oldman:

op needs "ceiling bolt anchor"
anchor-fixing$142037728(s).jpg

sleeve_anchor_wedge_anchor_expansion_anchor_bolt.jpg

actually, i had bought an universal projector ceiling mount,

the mount don't have screws for mounting projector, and in the projector manual the following specification is being given for mounting it on universal mount :(.

The Pic provided by @booo, i am already having that screw, and it will be used to fix the mount in the ceiling

Last edited by a moderator:
Gauravh, 10mm is not length but diameter. Screw measurements are given in diameter and spacing between the turns. Engineer's, correct me if I'm wrong.

M3 is a standard bolt (it's not a screw, screw is what you do to it) and is available very commonly. It's the same thread as a PC motherboard standoff, though some now use the coarse thread instead. It's available off the streets in most electronics markets of the country, you need to add the thickness of the mount when shopping for the bolt. 7.5mm is the min safe length of the receptacle in the projector (carrying weight depends on the number of engaged threads), and if your mount is 3mm thick that's 10.5mm so a 10mm bolt will be too short. You need 10-12mm bolt depending on how thick the mount is.

Your problem will be finding only 3 of them.

That's what OP needed.
yes i reread his post again. Sorry.

Being smart, can you post link of what mount you bought? You only want bolts to attach projector to ceiling mount which came with its own set of bolts right? What size bolts does projector manual say for mounting it to ceiling?

yes i reread his post again. Sorry.

Being smart, can you post link of what mount you bought? You only want bolts to attach projector to ceiling mount which came with its own set of bolts right? What size bolts does projector manual say for mounting it to ceiling?

Yes sir, you got it right, i need bolt to attach projector to ceiling mount, the ceiling mount already came with its own sets of bolts

The projector manual says following thing

Code:
Ceiling Mount Installation
. To prevent damage to your projector, please use the
Optoma ceiling mount.
2. If you wish to use a third party ceiling mount kit, please
ensure the screws used to attach a mount to the projector
meet the following specifications:
 Screw type: M3*3
 Maximum screw length: 10mm
 Minimum screw length: 7.5mm

What ? 3 M3 are going to hold a projector ?? that cant be right !

Mate we need pics. and make sure you place a scale beside it.

@rads pics from manual, do you need pics of projector back also ?

In ebay.in i am able to find M3x6 screw, but no M3x3 :(:(

xf2.png

b5d.png

PC screws are 5mm M3 not 7+ mm

Best bet if to go to local electronics shop and ask for some similar stuff, or at a computer repair center.

@AsidXxx, Attaching pics

Update, just taken off one PC cabinet scew, and damm the scew did go inside, but wasn't able to go much inside, may be since the screw length is small :D :D

Any idea where i can get M3 long scews :D :D

nw5b.jpg

10j3.jpg

from my experience, you have to take the screw to the hardware shop and show them and then explain them to get the correct sizes. the local terminology for nuts, bolts and screws is different from the standards terminology. so they wont understand if you say 9mm M3 screw.

Atleast here in bangalore they know what is a M3 or M4 or M5 ,but its best to take the screw to the shop.

TVS screws make these sizes and should be available in shops that deal only with screws.

Back