PC Peripherals Need to buy ne cooling [VERY URGENT]

The wattage rating varies from motherboard to motherboard. Most high-end motherboards can provide ~3+Amps @ 12VDC to the 3pin fan headers i.e 36W while some others can barely provide more than 500mA @ 12VDC (6W).

Open up your motherboard manual to find out more abt the fan headers on your board.

To be on the safer side, invest on those Amigo 120mm fans I referred to ealrlier. I've been running 3 of those off my motherboard headers. No issues till date. Have an X38 based board.

Deathdart said:
EDIT: I just read that the power fan header is for a PSU fan or something, but a case fan can also be connected to it, it'll just run at max speed all the time... Is this true? Does this create any problems?
hey u right and normally i prefer to connect my pc fans directly to the
PSU that way i kinda reduce on the mobo heating a bit (thats wat i think)
and i prefer all the fans run at full speed and all u need is a single cable like this>>>

Attachments

• power fan connector.jpg
    power fan connector.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 69
@Deathdart
dude,even ive got a Q6600+4850(Palit Sonic)+Elite330 setup,but my GPU has NEVER crossed more than 60C!!..that is even while gaming/benching/rendering

this is how i have setup my fans.
i placed the stock fan of the case as INTAKE for the HDDs,i kept another 90mm INTAKE fan on the CD/DVD bays...INTAKE 80mm fans each on the the CPU and GPU vents and a SKYTHE EXHAUST fan at the rear.
on load GPU=max60
CPU+max 72(each cores)
NOTE-nothing is OCed.

@RanjithMN: Problem is my 330 came with a transparent acrylic thingy on the left side and so it doesn't have any vents there :| I'm looking for a side panel with the vents... How do you install fans in the CD bays etc.? there's nothing to screw them on over there

@hybrid black: thanks! i'll ask my PC guy to do that for me..

@gannu: thanks for the heads up! :)

Deathdart said:
How do you install fans in the CD bays etc.? there's nothing to screw them on over there

Use zip-ties to attach them thru those holes to the sides of the 5.25" bay. Make sure its taut else the fan may vibrate. :p

@Deathdart
well the fan that i have placed on the bays are my old P4 cpu fan:eek:hyeah:
since my DVD ROM is on the last bay,i have just placed the fan on the DVD ROM and used a single tape to place it.
if you buying a case fan its easier...just put the DVD ROM on the last bay,place the fan on it and put 2 tapes on the side so that its tight but just make sure the fan is really close to the front panel for better air flow!!!!:hap2:

Back