Budget 51-70k Need to buy new / Upgrade desktop

Baron

Disciple
Currently using Alienware laptop, have a basic desktop (last built 2018) which need advice on upgrade or buy fully new system, till now it was just a spare system but now plan to use a desktop so looking for a decent config.

Problem is I live near Sea, so the mostherboard / PSUs fail fast.. my current Mobo has only 1 USB port working & same happened to previous ones...

1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i5-7400
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte H110M-H-CF (U3E1)
    • GPU - GeForce 210 GT218
    • RAM - Kingston 1X8 GB
    • Monitor - LG Ultrawide 29
    • PSU - not sure, but i think its iball 500W
    • iball President cabinet
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Mostly the Monitor only (even open to new if suggested) - may use dual monitor sometime in future
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Mostly build new system as per advice received here
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • My need is mainly for use of trading charting software (falcon, etc) + browsing (usually have 150/200 tabs open in FF) & Mail / Whatsapp... the trading software I use is a memory & space hogger so those 2 thing will need decent (32 GB Ram + atleast 512 GB SSD)
    • May use it as a Media server for my home
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • both current & previous mobo were gigabyte & both got spoilt fast so would prefer avoiding
  10. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  11. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit
    • Linux - want to dual boot with linux
Budget is bit flexible but everytime I try to select a config by looking at suggestions from other threads here I land up reching 1 lac+. Please give your valued views / advice

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
Q1. IS it an immediate demand or you can wait for a few days for instance can you wait till the lockdown is over?
Q2. Since you live near the sea, most motherboards can get rust out regardless of the brand, same thing with a laptop, is there anyway you can mitigate that?
Q3. Which monitor do you use now? Also would you game on your PC?

Q1. IS it an immediate demand or you can wait for a few days for instance can you wait till the lockdown is over?
Q2. Since you live near the sea, most motherboards can get rust out regardless of the brand, same thing with a laptop, is there anyway you can mitigate that?
Q3. Which monitor do you use now? Also would you game on your PC?
1) ya i need it fast...
2) No idea how to stop the rust, but it only happened in the desktop boards of gigabyte as yet.. I am using macbook pro since 8 years not a prob.. even dell alienware no rust problems..
3)i use LG ultrawide 29ub65-p / no i dont need for gaming

1) ya i need it fast...
2) No idea how to stop the rust, but it only happened in the desktop boards of gigabyte as yet.. I am using macbook pro since 8 years not a prob.. even dell alienware no rust problems..
3)i use LG ultrawide 29ub65-p / no i dont need for gaming
Processor: Intel 10400 or Intel 11500 (check if the 11500 is available instead of 10400 couldnt find it in stock at the time of typing)

Motherboard: ASRock B560M PRO4 LGA1200 Micro-ATX Motherboard

Case: NZXT H510 (normally i wouldnt suggest this case but because you live near the sea we should try to limit the airflow that goes in the system)

Memory: Corsair Lpx 16GB ram (buy two sticks)

PSU: Corsair CX 650M

Storage: 1tb m.2 ssd crucial p2

All should cost you Rs. 67,641 if you go for intel 11500 itll cost you Rs.70791

Processor: Intel 10400 or Intel 11500 (check if the 11500 is available instead of 10400 couldnt find it in stock at the time of typing)

Motherboard: ASRock B560M PRO4 LGA1200 Micro-ATX Motherboard

Case: NZXT H510 (normally i wouldnt suggest this case but because you live near the sea we should try to limit the airflow that goes in the system)

Memory: Corsair Lpx 16GB ram (buy two sticks)

PSU: Corsair CX 650M

Storage: 1tb m.2 ssd crucial p2

All should cost you Rs. 67,641 if you go for intel 11500 itll cost you Rs.70791
thank you very much for your time & suggestions will do accordingly.. just one query, with above i wont need any graphics card ?

thank you very much for your time & suggestions will do accordingly.. just one query, with above i wont need any graphics card ?
Not at all, the 10400 and 11500 have an inbuilt GPU aka iGPU. It should be good enough to power your monitor and at max an another display.

ok noted, thanks a lot
is it advisable to spend once & go for the i7 (11 gen) or i5 is fine ?

Last edited:
Intel core i5 7400 is still a very capable processor. My advice would be to upgrade the cabinet to a chiptronex HX1000 and power supply to Antec earthwatts 500. Upgrade RAM to 16 GB and upgrade graphics card to a Nvidia GT1030. If you are concerned about USB ports you could get a PCIe to USB card and get a HUB to out on your desk. Upgrading the cabinet is optional. You haven't mentioned if you are using an SSD. Please upgrade to a SSD if you are not using one

For your use case, i5 is fine, again just give a check if you can get the 11th gen 11500 or 11400 good value there. Otherwise 10400 is not bad
Ok, the only place in mumbai i can spot the 11 gen i5/i7 as of now is ITwares.. donno how reliable they are since had read bad reviews few years back in this forum

Ok, the only place in mumbai i can spot the 11 gen i5/i7 as of now is ITwares.. donno how reliable they are since had read bad reviews few years back in this forum
This is mostly a shortage caused due to the silly lockdowns once again. Depending on your urgency you can either take a gamble and order it, or get the 10400 instead. But yes the value in a 11500 is there wont deny that. Check your offline stores in Mumbai if possible.

Back