Need to buy wifi router

vigilante

Adept
I have a got a tikona wired net connection. I need a wifi router to connect wirelessly around my 2 bhk house. What min/basic features should I look into into the router. Does the ISP(tikona) have to do anything with this? What are my options? I'll be connecting my laptop and smarthphone through this. I am located in Pune. Is croma a good place to look? Please suggest.
Thanks.

I have a got a tikona wired net connection. I need a wifi router to connect wirelessly around my 2 bhk house. What min/basic features should I look into into the router. Does the ISP(tikona) have to do anything with this? What are my options? I'll be connecting my laptop and smarthphone through this. I am located in Pune. Is croma a good place to look? Please suggest.
Thanks.

You sure you wanna go for Tikona? Search Tikona fraud on Google. I've been advised to stay from Tikona on another forum.

Hi,

Sorry if I am hijacking this thread but I thought there was no need to create a new one.

I have a BSNL land broadband which I want to make available wirelessly to all devices at home in such a way
that I dont need to have a computer switched on to make the internet available. I dont know exactly how to
start searching for it. I have eyed this D- Link 2750u
which i think is a router cum modem.

Ideally I would want the wifi device (once configured) to connect to internet whenever a phone/laptop asks for connection
or ,if not, the wifi device stays connected to internet whenever switched on. Is this even possible? Kindly suggest
me a device if the above is not what I need.

Thanking in advance

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Sorry if I am hijacking this thread but I thought there was no need to create a new one.

I have a BSNL land broadband which I want to make available wirelessly to all devices at home in such a way
that I dont need to have a computer switched on to make the internet available. I dont know exactly how to

Ideally I would want the wifi device (once configured) to connect to internet whenever a phone/laptop asks for connection
or ,if not, the wifi device stays connected to internet whenever switched on. Is this even possible? Kindly suggest

Thanking in advance

Hi,

Thanking in advance

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Thanking in advance

Any basic wifi router will do that. I have netgear n150 I suppose and it does the job pretty well.

Hey Thanks manojbhagat, rocky_jvm and swatkats for your recommendations. I will surely look into these.
But as iekansh pointed out, tikona's service really sucks. I was never really satisfied with it but for last few weeks it has been so terrible i've decided to cancel it. So my current hunt is changed now for a good ISP :unsure:
Thanks for the replies guys.
And swatkats, this used to be one of my fav cartoons and i still have their intro theme as a ringtone.

Back