Need to complain against cable tv operator

benryu

Adept
My cable TV operator isn't helping one bit. I have got 3 connections at home out of which 2 aren't proper. He has actually cut the wire and connected my 3 connections from that single one. Asked him to put a splitter box but he hasnt done it till now. Paid him for the stb in September still hasn't delivered them. Fed up of complaining with him. Is there a higher level whom i can approach like a nodal officer?

PS: googled but dint find anything conclusive.

I could get a DTH but its no use no one at home watches the paid channels. I am only home during weekends and i need only sport channels so i dont wanna pay extra for DTH that too for 3 connections.
I am not sure which company he is from. He used to be under SCV. But now i am not sure.

Schemes are offered by many DTH operators as well. you don't need to pay full price for additional connections. The thing is that these local cable-walla businesses are illegal and that is why they are able to offer sharing of connections so easily because at the end of the day, they not paying a dime for it. Once things start getting locked by STB's, the operators would no longer in a position to allow sharing of connections in that manner when they themselves have to start paying for it.

Schemes are offered by many DTH operators as well. you don't need to pay full price for additional connections. The thing is that these local cable-walla businesses are illegal and that is why they are able to offer sharing of connections so easily because at the end of the day, they not paying a dime for it. Once things start getting locked by STB's, the operators would no longer in a position to allow sharing of connections in that manner when they themselves have to start paying for it.
I was talking about DTH providers giving additional STB at flat price only.

I guess I read this Case on hifivision. @, you would Need 3 Seperate STB's For Each TV After 31st march.

You've Got 2 Options Left off Right now:
1. Ditch your Cable operator and buy 3 STB's From d2h and pay 160+160rupees Extra Two Connections and Get Same Channels on all 3 TV's.
2. Work out with your Operator, Use an Local Operator connection For 1 TV and Other From d2H For other Two.

I kicked my local operator years back. They are the biggest a**-holes out there. Fleecing customers and coming on the 1st to collect the cash. Channels were hopeless, and up time was a joke. DTH is the way to go.

My cable TV operator isn't helping one bit. I have got 3 connections at home out of which 2 aren't proper. He has actually cut the wire and connected my 3 connections from that single one. Asked him to put a splitter box but he hasnt done it till now. Paid him for the stb in September still hasn't delivered them. Fed up of complaining with him. Is there a higher level whom i can approach like a nodal officer?

PS: googled but dint find anything conclusive.
Which city/ area are you from??

I hope OP wont mind to hijack the thread..

Well, in my house I have my family and 2 family on rent.
Would it be better (read economical) to go for one dth and use 3 set top box from tata sky etc or getting STB from cable wala and individually care for it..
Did anyone checked if stb from cablewala creates any difference to the current quality?

^^ your case can be useful if you opt for an all channel pack.

but you need not mention that others are on rent.

this way you can get the 40% or 60 % off on 2nd or 3rd connection.

P.S the rates vary across DTH providers. just was giving a general idea.

Back