Need to contact ETA O General - Chennai

Eazy

Skilled
My O General AC's compressor died 2 weeks back and the AC Shop as well as ETA's Mumbai office are giving me a daily run around about the delay being caused by ETA Chenai in shippig the replacement compressor, now I am totally fed up and want to contact a BIG BOSS of ETA Chennai and see what can be done.

Anyone have an email address or phone number of a senior man in ETA Chennai ?

gmano - thanks for the reply, what I was hoping for is a direct contact with a person, sending a message to the above email address is not going to get me quick results. However I will send a email to this address.

ETA General have a web site where they have a page which is for filling in a complants form but the SUBMIT button on this page does function. :mad: :mad: ... http://www.generalindia.com/complaint_registration.html

@Eazy, you can call the telephone number given in their website and find out the relevant department/person's phone number and talk to him.

If you find it difficult to make long distance call, I can call that telephone number here on a week day and find out the details, Let me know.

gmano said:
I can call that telephone number here on a week day and find out the details, Let me know.

Thanks for the offer ... :cheers: .... we will call them if needed.

This has been really BAD service - specially from the place from where we bought the AC - the salesman told my wife do what you want and complain to whoever you want (little does that fool know that the President of Consumer Guidance in Mumbai is a good family friend !! but we do not want to take this route just yet). This has been the worst ASS I have ever experienced. :mad:

Local O General - NEVER AGAIN !! Grey Market O General - YES !!

damn o gen getting bad rep.....damn i guess ill go with number 2 ac company now if this is the problem

Btw who is after ogen??

hitachi,carrier or bluestar??or none of it???lolz

MAGNeT said:
Btw who is after ogen??

hitachi,carrier or bluestar??or none of it???lolz

I have been told that the grey market O Generals (which have Arabic marking on front panel) are the BEST, but there is no warranty on them :( I understand from AC maintenance engineers that these hardly ever give problems.

In local officialy sold splits - I think Daikin is number one, but they are very pricey. If I am not mistaken LG's cheaper models cost about half the price of a Daikin equavalent AC. Maybe that is what we will do next time - buy a cheap LG or Samsung.

Voltas's service was the BEST of all - but a few years back they retrenched a lot of their staff and started sub-contracting their maintenance services to other people, and after this their service is not very good.

Some info about my O General AC which has a problem right now..... when the service people opened my AC in front of me I saw that there were 2 wires which were going passed the Compressor, and these wires were touching the Compressor, the heat from the Compressor must have been quite high because the plastic on the wires had melted and the bare copper of the wires was making contact with the Compressor - I suspect this may have been the cause of killing of the Compressor.

what if we buy ogen frm grey...and than get it under contract through local ac guy?

Or chances of part goin missing will b high...also Ac have a year warranty or more than that???

MAGNeT said:
what if we buy ogen frm grey...and than get it under contract through local ac guy?
Or chances of part goin missing will b high...also Ac have a year warranty or more than that???

That is what should be done - buy grey and then find good AC maintenance people for an AMC.

Part going missing ...... yes there is a good chance of that happening, I always stand over the shoulder of AC maintenance people and I never leave them alone for a minute - this irritates the hell out of the people but I sleep better knowing that no parts were exchanged :eek:hyeah:

I phoned O General Mumbai today and they said my new Compressor had arrived on Friday and upto today afternoon no one from the shop had contacted them or collected it :mad: Now we are told that the AC will be collected tomorrow and returned the day after.

I have already been in touch with another AC shop (opp the GPO) who has agreed to handle the AMC for my AC's, this is a Parsi owned shop so I am expecting better service from them. :eek:hyeah:

Back