Need to create a Website..

Guys/gals,
need to create a website which will have pictures/discussion on topics/puzzle solving/ polls etc.... getting bored of daily shift job...Wanted to try out something new... I have very limited knowledge of website building .. so kindly tell me the procedure from scratch...and what will be the maintainence charges for the website?? i will be beneficial if the website is build by some professional... kindly tell the names of company who are in this job of creating websites and maintiang them...

IF you wish to learn then you can start using a CMS like wordpress, joomla, Drupal (my personal favorite) . The vast community around all these will be very helpful to you in learning stuff.

Otherwise you can hire feelancers off websites like Elance, Odesk etc.

What is the initial cost of setting up a website from scratch??? what will be the annual maintainence cost of maintaing the website.... KIndly give an approximation amount (Rs). I am hoping to get another friend of mine to join me. As we both are busy with job/family.. we will not be able to contribute much in developing the website .. We want someone to develope and may be maintain it

It depends a lot on the website and the complexity and also on the experience of the developer and the platform being used.

A standard .com domain would cost you around Rs. 500 / year.
Hosting would again depend on the number of visitors and how resource intensive the website is.
Typically you can start with hosting for as low as 300 / month for a decent hosting.

@swatkats might also be of help in guiding you about hosting and stuff.

I just renewed a .com domain, i got charged 599.I use bigrock and mitsu is 50bucks cheaper they're not ICANN accredited but still reliable.
To Give you some idea about how much it would cost to Set up a website depends on What kind of website is.. Which platform.. How can you spend..

Last edited:
can ibuy a domain from bigrock.com.. is host purchase good from bigrock
There are lot of Good providers in India within your hosting budget of $4-6/mo viz. Hostdime India, Leapswitch.
Hawkhost, Site5 and Stablehost are other Recommended Overseas hosts. Stay away from Bigrock and Godaddy hosting!

PS: Looks like Bigrock is now Registered in the overseas and they're not charging service Tax.

Last edited:
Guys/gals,
need to create a website which will have pictures/discussion on topics/puzzle solving/ polls etc.... getting bored of daily shift job...Wanted to try out something new... I have very limited knowledge of website building .. so kindly tell me the procedure from scratch...and what will be the maintainence charges for the website?? i will be beneficial if the website is build by some professional... kindly tell the names of company who are in this job of creating websites and maintiang them...
If you want I can do it for you. Just leave me PM in detail about it

You can try digitalocean, which is too good(pay as you go). Even leapswitch is recommend if you want to host in India itself. The cost will be around $80 max per year including domain registration

guys.. finally bought
1. domain name from Bigrock.
2.Web Hosting account from Leapswitch

made payment and received emails from both sites... but whenever i type my website i get the message of
Welcome to Parallels!
If you are seeing this message, the website for lifeneedsachange.com is not available at this time.
If you are the owner of this website, one of the following things may be occurring:

• You have not put any content on your website.
  • Your provider has suspended this page.
Please login to https://lifeneedsachange.com:8443 to receive instructions on setting up your website

when i login to https://lifeneedsachange.com:8443, the username and password ggiven from leapswitch is saying wrong.. which username password to give..
plz advice

ok just login to control panel. Open file manage -> in www directory -> create a file 'index.html' or 'index.php' with some message and you are done

Edit:
Just found that leapswitch will not install control panel, so u have to do above thing in command prompt provided there(console)

Last edited:
I am using Windows Shared Hosting...
Shared web hosting is the quickest way to get your website online. You can select Windows Hosting to host ASP based websites. We offer multiple locations for Windows Hosting so that your website is closest your visitors location guaranteeing fastest loading speeds. Our Shared Hosting comes with 99.9% or higher guaranteed uptime, 24x7x365 Super-Fast Support and a 30 days no conditions money back guarantee.24/7/365[DOUBLEPOST=1376479039][/DOUBLEPOST]Login issue solved by Leapswitch.. Reset done.. plz help on the website issue..
www.lifeneedsachange.com

Last edited:
Back