Storage Solutions Need to purchase an SSD

Ankit12

Disciple
Hey guys, I am considering getting an SSD for my laptop and I am trying to decide between the Kingston V+200 (60GB) and the Corsair Force GT (60GB). The pricing is pretty much the same for both SSDs and the store guy at Lamington Road says the Kingston one may be a better choice. Anyone here used any of these SSDs? What's your recommendation?

I bought the V+200 series (90GB) last year and it's pretty good so I would recommend that. If you're going to use the laptop to play a few games as well, maybe you could try one of their HyperX SSDs. If you're using the laptop for work stuff, movies, videos and music then the V+200 one is perfect. Hope this helps :)

Well, you remove the hard drive and replace it with the SSD. Most SSDs also come with laptop bundles that enable you to use your hard drive as an external storage device. It's amazing how much better your laptop performance is once you use an SSD.

Hey Claire, thanks a bunch! I also checked out a few reviews online and it looks like a good buy, so I'll probably go with the Kingston one only. I don't plan to use my laptop for games - it's mostly for work.

A 60GB drive as your only drive? You'll run out of space in no time at all.

A 60GB drive will give you about 55GB of usable space, out of which your base windows install will take about 20-25GB. Add your antivirus, office and other basic programs, and you've got only about 20GB left for your files. And we all know how fast that can fill up.

My advice, unless you plan on not doing anything with your laptop other than basic office work, and web browsing, then don't get anything less than a 120GB drive, since you won't be able to install any additional storage in your laptop.

Back