3 GB DDR 2 Rams
MSI 9600GT 512 MB graphics card
1 TB Seagate HDD
Mouse
Keyboard
Seasonic 52oW SMPS...
Xonar DX sound card

I need to change the followingg things... Processor/Mobo/Ram

Kindly suggest the best for the three things... mobo price can be >6K[DOUBLEPOST=1414006349][/DOUBLEPOST]II have sort of searched and got this,,,

1. Mobo: MSI Z97PC Mate --7950
2.Intel i5 4440---12950
3.Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)---3305

total..24K..(Flipkart price).[DOUBLEPOST=1414048414][/DOUBLEPOST]some one plz.. comment,,,[DOUBLEPOST=1414063995][/DOUBLEPOST]no suggestions??

Last edited:
That MSI board is not a good board, check for it's reviews. Get a decent ASUS or Gigabyte board. BTW, motherboard manufacturers have reduced the pricing on boards by 10% internationally, that is yet to reflect on the Indian market. AMD has reduced the price of it's processors by 10% too, even that's yet to reflect on the Indian marklet.
Link 2.
Get Z97 only if you want to overclock the CPU for which you WILL need a decent HSF-cooler or a liquid cooler. That will be an additional 4K ka fatka. If you get a better processor with this additional Rs.4K you'll get similar performance on stock without wasting more power. Get a H97 board and buy a better processor. Performance difference between H97 and Z97 is negligible.

Processor: Get one of these: Intel Haswell refresh : i7-4790, i5-4690, i5-4590, and i5-4460.
RAM: Get a pair of 4GB sticks so that you can run them in dual-channel, if you plan to upgrade the memory later chances are that you wont get the same stick and thus the memory will never run in dual channel.

If you are into overclocking then for almost the same price as the i5, you could go in for AMD FX 8350. If you are not into overclocking, then the stock i5 should work better. At any rate, your powersupply should also decide which CPU you are using. For AMD chips, it is always better to have a better rated power supply.

As for the motherboards, I would also prefer an Asus ASrock or a Gigabyte motherboard. That said, from my experience, I have had no problems with the MSI z97 Express that I have in one of my rigs.

Check if the motherboard supports the Gen 5 chipsets from Intel so that it will be future proof. The next time you want to upgrade your processor, you could keep your motherboard intact. The z97 Express boards also support SATA EXpress and putting in an SSD is an experience, that you will have to actually experience to believe (SATA 3) the difference between a regular HDD and an SSD is TREMENDOUS!

In fact, much more than putting another 8GB RAM stick.

ok.. i will not be into overcloking.. my primary use will be gaming, hd videos, surfing etc....
My budget...i think ..
i5 4440 Processor is almost finalized.. so is .
Corsiar Vengeance RAM DDR 3 4 GB

Kindly suggest the best motherboard for this combination along with my older components....

That's a B85 chipset based board, and that chipset is pretty old and performance wise lags a bit too. Get one of the following boards (they all come with the M.2 slot):

ASUS H97-PLUS
or
ASUS Z97-K
or
Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H
or
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H
or
MSI Z97 GAMING 3
or
GA-H97M-D3H (the cheapest of the lot but without M.2 slot)

For pricing, check locally or with online retailers. I suggest waiting for the price cuts to reflect here.

how about this Mobo...
Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H - 1.0 - motherboard[DOUBLEPOST=1414144129][/DOUBLEPOST]what is the advantage of M2 slot.. how can we use it?

That's a B85 chipset based board, and that chipset is pretty old and performance wise lags a bit too.
There's no difference in performance.

what is the advantage of M2 slot.. how can we use it?
Its a faster interface for SSDs. As of now its more of a future-proofing interface, considering there are no mainstream drives with M2 interfaces easily available here. Unless you're maxing out your existing SATA 3 slots, the M2 slot is largely pointless.

Kindly help in Finalizing my motherboard....Gigabyteboard GA-H87M-D3H - 1.0 - motherboard.. is this motherboard good..[DOUBLEPOST=1414171910][/DOUBLEPOST]Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H Motherboard

Last edited:
Stick with H97 series. Gigabyte and Asus are good. Gigabyte is cheaper too. En quire the offline/street prices. Price Cuts are already reflected in local market.
Would go with Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H Motherboard

Also consider Asus h97 plus. It has excellent onboard audio.

The price for ga-h97 d3h was 8.8k 3 months ago. Asus h97-d3h was selling for the same. The prices should be down by 10% now.

Guys. what is the price of these components.. will buy in a day or two from NEHRU PLACE, Delhi

1. Intel i54460 Quad Core
2. Gigabyte GA H97 D3H
3. Corsair Vengeance Ram 1600Mhz DDR3 4 GB

Kindly give the current prices...
Anyone know any particular good shop in Nhru Place...

Back