Budget 21-30k Need to upgrade my rig (Home PC)

cooldude576

Disciple
1. What is your Budget?
Ans. 25k . Can extend to 30k if absolutely necessary.

2. What is your existing configuration?
Ans.
a. CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3GHz
b. Motherboard : A low end Intel mobo
c. No GPU
d. RAM: 1GB
e. SMPS: Frontech 500W
f. Monitor: 21" LG LCD Monitor
g. Hard Disk: 500GB Seagate

3. Which hardware will you be keeping?
Ans.
a. Monitor
b. Hard Disk (500GB)
c. Not sure about my SMPS and cabinet...Will prefer to keep these...No idea if I need a new cabinet

4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy?
a. CPU (preferably Intel)
b. Motherboard -any compatible motherboard
c. RAM
d. Not sure If i need a new cabinet & smps

5.Is this going to be your final configuration?
Ans. Final configuration. Might add RAM later if needed.

6.Where will you buy this hardware?
Ans. Kolkata only. Not open to online stores.

7. Will you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market?
Ans. No

8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware?
Ans.
a.Browsing
b.Desktop Processing
c. Watching HD movies occassionally
d. No Gaming at present

9. Do you have any brand preferences?
Ans. Intel. I don't have much idea about good or bad brands. I'll prefer if the brand has good after sales service.

10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Ans. No gaming at present. I might play very old games like CS 1.6,Max Payne 1,Project IGI,etc

11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage?
Ans. 1. Desktop: 1600x900
2. Gaming: 1280x728

12. Are you looking to overclock?
Ans. No

13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Ans. Windows 7 32 bit/64 bit. I already have a windows 7 DVD so I won't be buying it.

Remarks: I just want to buy the fastest PC possible within my budget (25k-30k max) as my current PC has become too slow for day to day use (I tried formatting, but no use). I don't want to spend more money on upgrading for atleast 5 years after upgrading. Please help!

@cooldude576 You'd go for this rig-
Intel i5 2400-10.5k OR i3 3220-7.5k
Gigabyte B75 D3H - 4.5k
Gskill Ripjaws OR Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz - 3.5k
Sapphire HD7750-7.5k
Corsair CX430V2-2.4k
Nzxt Gamma - 2.4k OR Cooler Master 430-3k
APC BR600VA-1.9k
There's no need to keep your old cabinel and PSU,Go for the new one it'll serve you for a long time.
Hope this helps
happy19.gif

Go for the following RIG @cooldude576 --

Intel Core i3 3220 ~7900/-
GIGABYTE-B75-D3H ~4500/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3200/- (OR get a single 4GB module now and add another one later)
AMD HD7750 ~7500/- (try to get the GPU with a core-clock of 900MHz, performs better than the stock piece)
Cooler Master eLite 430 ~3000/- (@Jakob no NZXT distributor in Calcutta)
Cooler Master GX450W ~3200/-
APC BR600VA-IN ~2000/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

P.S. -- 5 years is too long to judge the performance of this system, but for the next ~2 years you will have no issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies!

Btw, guys, one question: Do I really need to buy a Graphics Card? I wanted to spend those extra money(of gpu, i.e. Rs 7.5k) on the CPU instead...I don't want to do any gaming, just need a very fast CPU for browsing,office,etc.

Well if you're not planning to game much then settle for lesser gpu Sapphire HD6670-4.5k and go for Intel i5 3450-12.5k,Though there won't be much difference between Intel i5 2400 and i5 3450,I'd say go with Sapphire HD7750+i5 2400 it'll fit the budet.
Thanks for the replies!

Btw, guys, one question: Do I really need to buy a Graphics Card? I wanted to spend those extra money(of gpu, i.e. Rs 7.5k) on the CPU instead...I don't want to do any gaming, just need a very fast CPU for browsing,office,etc.

For current generation and even future operations I do not see a quad-core giving better OR smoother performance over dual-core offerings. Also dual-cores are more power efficient.

Buy more RAM (8GB instead of 4GB), save the cash instead of spending on a GPU and buy one later when you start gaming.
@Jakob the quad-core will not be of any benefit to OP, in office work OR web-browsing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back