Budget 31-40k Need to upgrade PC under 40000

sahil498

Recruit
Hi all.

I need to upgrade my PC. I have been looking for different combinations and I have come up with these 2 configurations.

A. AMD Based
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Aorus B450 Elite V2
HyperX 16 GB 3200 MHZ
Crucial P2 NUME 500GB

B. Intel based
Intel i5 9400F
MSI B365 Motherboard
HyperX 16 GB 3200 MHZ
Crucial P2 NUME 500GB

I am planning to use some parts which I already have: Antec 650W SMPS, Cooler Master CM 690 cabinet, 1TB HDD and Graphic card. Intel build is going to cost less but AMD will set me up for at least 5 years I guess.
Just need views on the expected performance of these builds. I am really on budget here so any saving is great. I'll upgrade graphic card after sometime, as right now I wont be using this for high end gaming, but will me using 3d and editing applications such as maya or premiere.

Thanks.

Hi all.

I need to upgrade my PC. I have been looking for different combinations and I have come up with these 2 configurations.

A. AMD Based
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Aorus B450 Elite V2
HyperX 16 GB 3200 MHZ
Crucial P2 NUME 500GB

B. Intel based
Intel i5 9400F
MSI B365 Motherboard
HyperX 16 GB 3200 MHZ
Crucial P2 NUME 500GB

I am planning to use some parts which I already have: Antec 650W SMPS, Cooler Master CM 690 cabinet, 1TB HDD and Graphic card. Intel build is going to cost less but AMD will set me up for at least 5 years I guess.
Just need views on the expected performance of these builds. I am really on budget here so any saving is great. I'll upgrade graphic card after sometime, as right now I wont be using this for high end gaming, but will me using 3d and editing applications such as maya or premiere.

Thanks.
AMD will set you up for the longer term if you go with a B550 chipset instead of B450 imo,

AMD will set you up for the longer term if you go with a B550 chipset instead of B450 imo,
OP please for AMD version if thats what youre looking into. No need to go for a 550 motherboard as max upgrades you will get are this year and thats it ie you want to upgrade to ryzen 5000 or 5000xt.

MKI youre are making a mistake suggesting 3600 with 550 as you need to understand 550 isnt going to be future proof the AM4 platform is on its last legs, should get a update with AMD Zen 3+ or something next year AMD may move to the AM5 platform, if they do that due to the change in socket spending more on the 550 will be moot.

Back