Need - Touchscreen Phone for Dad

Singam

Disciple
Hi all
Its time for dad's phone to be replaced. So need suggestions so that i get him a good one.
Functions
1. Needs to be touchscreen- He finds it irritating with all those buttons :S
2. No multimedia functions needed at all - He needs a basic phone, not a pc :no:
3. Bigger the screen the better - A must for elderly people :)
4. Dual SIM - A plus point! :p

My Find:
Its the AirFone Flip 29i Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) Mobile Phone
Here is a link to it :AIRFONE

It has all the requirements!

Your Find Pls ;)

Singam said:
1. Needs to be touchscreen- He finds it irritating with all those buttons :S

Now that is a first amongst all us ppl's peeps :D

Take ur dad along with ya to the showroom and ask him to decide. If he really needs features he would know what to ask for. If not he will buy the prettiest mobile of the lot. Do some search around and give him tips. That's what I would do :)

Couple of weeks back when I went to purchase a microSD card, the dealer was talking about some Samsung model which is dual SIM as well as touchscreen. I can't remember the model no., just check with your local dealers.

desiibond said:
what's the budget?
Not a problem!

Srirama said:
Might give it a try, but he likes small ones , smaller the better!

desiibond said:
I would say 'WTF'
:no:

vijayshimla said:
Go with a good brand
Samsung B5722 Dual SIM
Thanks a good find, but is it worth since he is never going to use the music/video or the social networking options!

djmykey said:
Now that is a first amongst all us ppl's peeps :D

Take ur dad along with ya to the showroom and ask him to decide. If he really needs features he would know what to ask for. If not he will buy the prettiest mobile of the lot. Do some search around and give him tips. That's what I would do :)
Want to surprise him, so not an option :p

egobrain.exe said:
AFAIK .. you dont get a touchscreen phone from a established brand with dual-sim .. do you ? and certainly i wouldnt go for any of the above touchscreens given ..
:(

sabby said:
Couple of weeks back when I went to purchase a microSD card, the dealer was talking about some Samsung model which is dual SIM as well as touchscreen. I can't remember the model no., just check with your local dealers.
Will do :eek:hyeah:

sibot said:
I would suggest the iPhone, breeze to use, but then you want the Dual Sim capability, doubt it if any established brand gives that in a touchscreen phone.
Buying a Iphone just for the touchscreen :S , a no-no!

manu1991 said:

Back