Need upgrade- Amd route on low budget

punit1

Disciple
My current mother board ceased working and so need an upgrade of motherboard ,processor and ram for under 11k, prefer amd route.All other components remains the same am just a casual gamer...the latest one with me is mafia 2.Prefer NO overclocking in future but need a stable motherboard to support my sata 320 hd.

Processor: AMD Athlon II x3 440/Athlon II 640 = 3350/4700

Motherboard: Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H = 4800

RAM: Corsair Value 2x2GB/ XMS3 1333MHz 4GB = 2600/3100

Total: 10750/12600

Mobo has Sata6 + USB3 + HD4250IGP

Dont scirmp on the motherboard... It is a great board... It has sata 6gbps + USB3... If U have the budget then y are u thinking...
But if u dont want sata 6 and usb3 then buy gigabyte 880GM-UD2H (880G+SB710) which will cost u 4100 bucks...

Hades. said:
Dont scirmp on the motherboard... It is a great board... It has sata 6gbps + USB3... If U have the budget then y are u thinking...

But if u dont want sata 6 and usb3 then buy gigabyte 880GM-UD2H (880G+SB710) which will cost u 4100 bucks...
Bro the affects of USB 3.0 and SATA 3.0 are not severe and do not represent a great change don't pressure if OP wants to buy a standard USB and SATA II based board

we have to pay for the cable of a USB 3.0 HDD ~ 1.5K

SATA 3.0 HDD's internal still have not caught on :)

I'm sorry if I sound rude, in fact the 785G based boards are absolute VFM pieces these days and some do have the USB 3.0 option all though SATA 3.0 is missing,

for OP I would suggest Gigabte GA785G UD2H

ALPHA17 said:
Bro the affects of USB 3.0 and SATA 3.0 are not severe and do not represent a great change don't pressure if OP wants to buy a standard USB and SATA II based board

we have to pay for the cable of a USB 3.0 HDD ~ 1.5K

SATA 3.0 HDD's internal still have not caught on :)

I'm sorry if I sound rude, in fact the 785G based boards are absolute VFM pieces these days and some do have the USB 3.0 option all though SATA 3.0 is missing,

for OP I would suggest Gigabte GA785G UD2H
Do u think that i m pressurizing OP...? A normal board costs 4.1k and the board i suggested is feature rich and costs just 700 bucks more... not only it is feature rich it also performs like Asus Crosshair IV Formula(GIGABYTE 880GMA-UD2H AMD 880G Motherboard Review - SiSoft Sandra 2010 Memory Bandwidth - Legit Reviews) and in some benchmarks it even out performs it... And i know that USB3 and Sata6gb support is irrelevant now but in the future it will be useful... And Crucial C300 SSD does take advantage of Sata6GBPS... And I think Next generation iPhone and iPod Touch will have support for USB3... IMO Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H is the best VFM board available in the market... just for 700 bucks more buying a Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H is a no brainer...

^^

You have a good point I take back everything :) Rep to you Sir

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

^^
You have a good point I take back everything :) Rep to you Sir

Well it was my psu which caused the problems with the system shutting down randomly.Replaced the gigabyte supereb 460 with the old mercury psu..now everything is working fine.Never expected problems from a one year old psu....everyone here at TE recommends this model and bought it...taking back it to my local dealer.

punit1 said:
Well it was my psu which caused the problems with the system shutting down randomly.Replaced the gigabyte supereb 460 with the old mercury psu..now everything is working fine.Never expected problems from a one year old psu....everyone here at TE recommends this model and bought it...taking back it to my local dealer.
May be a faulty piece. These things do happen with PC parts :(

i am interested in ubying the 880GMA-UD2H, any help on the pricing and availability in Bangalore will help, i was unable to get this mobo in nehru place when i was in delhi on 31st.

Back