CPU/Mobo Need Urgent help with Mobo for 1055t

Help me choose between MSI 890GXM-G65 (7.1K) and Asus M488TD-V EVO/USB3 (7.3K)

Let me list the pros and cons of both

MSI :

Pros :
Not Asus :bleh:
Proven A.S.S.
890 chipset

Cons:
Many reports of mosfet blowing up with overclocked X6 proccys.
mATX hence less room for expansion
Asus :

Pros:
ATX
Reports generally positive about overclocks and performance
More features for same price

Cons
Doubtful RMA service (possiblity of improvement after launch of E.L.I.T.E. last month :huh:)
suggestions ??
The rest of my config

CPU: 1055t
RAM : Gskill ripjaws 1600 CL8 (confirmed compatible with both Mobos in question)
Gigabyte 5770
Coolermaster elite 430
Corsair H50
Seagate 7200.12 500GB + WD Black 500GB
DVD RW not decided

MSI 890GXM-G65 is a great board. It has 890GX chipset, which rather new. And ya the same RAM works with it..

I would suggest MSi..

No doubt MSI 890GXM is a good choice, but the reports of mosfet burning up with overclocked X6 proccys are scaring me :(
pranut said:
MSI 890GXM-G65 is a great board. It has 890GX chipset, which rather new. And ya the same RAM works with it..

I would suggest MSi..

adityamunshi said:
No doubt MSI 890GXM is a good choice, but the reports of mosfet burning up with overclocked X6 proccys are scaring me :(
Well that might be the case, as 890GXM is not the best overclocker out there accn to reviews..

Although just checkout the reviews online, accn to critics its an awesome mobo!

The gigabyte 880g is a good mobo,priced around 5k and overclocks very,i dont like MSI that much ive had bad experience with them with mobos,or u can get the 890gx mobo of biotar or fx both are cheap,the gx is selling around for 8k ,not sure about the fx,the giabyte 890gx is selling for 9k,and the asus one is for 11k,would rather got for the biostar or gigabyte.

Back