Camera need wireless tethering help.

pradeepg

Disciple
i use 550d canon... and i want the pics to get displayed on my ipad mini as soon as i take a shot.. i shoot raw.. i searched all over internet and the only answer i cud get is eye fi cards which make a wireless hotspot and then u can grab the pics by connecting the pad to that.. same thing trascend wifi cards do.. the problem is raw file take hell lot of time to get transferred...
i heard there are hardware available like cloud ftp.. that create wireless hub for media sharing.. and there is Transcend storejet cloud... dont kno if those can do anything or not..
i would like to kno if there is anything present out there that is better than above mentioned that can share wirelessly to my ipad with faster speed..

Get a TP Link USB router. I believe its 703 or something. Get a USB battery pack also. Flash the router with DD WRT and enable SAMBA. Ensure that the canon is connected in USB mass storage mode and only the sd card is shared. now when you are connected to the wifi of the tp link, open the samba page for the router ip address and you should see the files in thre folder similar to how it shows on a pc.

if you want FTP access, use the ftp option in dd wrt instead of SAMBA.

Back