bought z5500
played z5500

@ 20% volume, and now neighbours threatening to call police
what to do ?
how is sound proofing done ?

zhopudey said:
Easiest thing would be to reduce the volume :eek:hyeah:

... OR use Headphones :D

Is the complaint about sound going from Door Window or Wall ? Windows need to have double glass panels to reduce sound levels - you must have seen these in Planes and Trains. Walls need to have special sound proofing tiles. For a door - I have a double plywood panel door with air between the 2 panels this has reduced the sound level quite a bit.

Dude.. I know it might sound a bit lame, but it works like a charm.. If you have your own room, and dont want to spend too much on sound proofing, I would suggest Thermacole and Thick Curtains.

For Starters, you can have a fabricate a tightfitting sceen of thermacole for your windows and a snap-on screen for your doors. The fabrication of the frame and all wont cost much and if you want to, you can make the frames foldable so that you can stash them away proper.

Also, using curtains mage of heavy cloth would coupled with these usually do work wonders. If you want even more sound damping, you can also look at using a carpet on the floor.

(all these work if your room is not very big. If it is huge, you might have to look at proper sound proofing)

Cost of sound proofing vary depending on the materials used. Using Glass will be the costliest. A wooden or aluminium frame for the windows with a thicker glass on the outside and a thinner guage glass on the inside with a gap of atleast 5cm between them.

Plywood would be the next cheapest, followed by Thermacole. Thermacole works out very cheap, but you might lose out on the durability front. But again the advantage is, once you get the frames made - the rest is do-it-yourself, and you can add those thick curtains anytime.. ;)

I hope you keep all doors and windows tightly shut while the speakers are blasting. Due to the logarithmic nature of sound, even if a window is just 5% open, 90% of the sound will escape outside. Sliding windows are the worst.

let them call the police...u r not threatning them are u....you are doing it in ut home...and loudspeakers are aloowed till 12 in the night nowadays :p

IceFusion said:
let them call the police...u r not threatning them are u....you are doing it in ut home...and loudspeakers are aloowed till 12 in the night nowadays :p

That's a very bad attitude to have. Wheter its legal or not, we have no right to disturb others with loud music.

Well take the advise of a pro... The correct way to soundproof the room is to apply the gipsum board and then use ply to cover it... Actually gipsum board should be applied on both the sides of the wall to sound proof it... Also a carpet in your room will help a lot... Now as for the roof do a flase sealing.. And wolla you got a perfect sound proof room... If you really want to get it done (Trust me its expensive) then give me a call... I will handle it from there...

6pack said:
give ur neighbours some high quality ear plugs and then start playing the music on full volume ;-)
yeh i thought that too, now i got a new room and with all doors n windows closed very little sound escapes outside to not too much of a problem :bleh:

thanks a lot lot for all of you for helpin me :clap: :hap2:

Back