Neither Alpha nor Beta

thanks guys :)

yeah i was waiting for tempest EVO.. kinda was carrying 4k extra when i went to buy this...just incase if it is available :ashamed:

but after speaking to sales, i don't think they even plan to order it as of yet.. so what the heck.. :p

Me want to see pics with cable management! I've got the VX450 and want to see if it is an improvement over my Circle cabby.

Sei said:
Me want to see pics with cable management! I've got the VX450 and want to see if it is an improvement over my Circle cabby.

cable management was pain in ass..
spent so many hours and then just tucked all in after realizing how fat the 24pin cord of vx450 is !!

i'm considering modifying my side panels for better cable management..

did not take any snaps of the rig after installation... will be rearranging furniture in house after lunch..will take some spans and give you all idea about what i have done for now.

one more issue i have with vx450 is that it's 4+4pin atx power connector cord is not long enough, have to route from inside the cabby... wanted to get it from behind the mother board tray but the gap between the board and the hole for backplate is a little small to fit the fatty cable cord :|

will have to drill/cut holes for the 4+4pin cord, will do it after i make sure that the cord is long enough...

Overall, with sidepanels like those on Tempest EVO, cable management can become a pleasant experience... OR of course, if you have a psu with slimmer cords..(or those which could be spread)

madnav said:
wanted to get it from behind the mother board tray but the gap between the board and the hole for backplate is a little small to fit the fatty cable cord :|

You CAN manage to do that, I bet! With those motherboard stand-offs, there's little gap available between the board and the plate but you still can manage to squeeze the cable. Have done it before on my CM690.

Haven't seen the pics but WTH! Congrats! 2k is well worth the price tag! :D

Back