Neither Alpha nor Beta

madnav said:
cable management was pain in ass..

spent so many hours and then just tucked all in after realizing how fat the 24pin cord of vx450 is !!

i'm considering modifying my side panels for better cable management..

did not take any snaps of the rig after installation... will be rearranging furniture in house after lunch..will take some spans and give you all idea about what i have done for now.

one more issue i have with vx450 is that it's 4+4pin atx power connector cord is not long enough, have to route from inside the cabby... wanted to get it from behind the mother board tray but the gap between the board and the hole for backplate is a little small to fit the fatty cable cord :|

will have to drill/cut holes for the 4+4pin cord, will do it after i make sure that the cord is long enough...

Overall, with sidepanels like those on Tempest EVO, cable management can become a pleasant experience... OR of course, if you have a psu with slimmer cords..(or those which could be spread)

Me got the VX450 too. Thanks for the reply and post pics whenever you can. Thanks!

PS: IS there no chance to get the atx power connector from behind the motherboard plate like Gannu said??

Congrats- looks and seems good for the price. :)

R.I.P horribly overpriced CM unElite. :p

I hope and pray demand doesn't cause jacking up of prices- as usually happens, especially in Mumbai. :)

As you can see, there are cables but very less management.

before there was good cable management..but the the other side panel wouldn't close :ashamed: so had to pull the 24pin cord to front.

@gannu, 4+4pin atx power could be routed through the small gap..but i was too scared :ashamed:

will try my luck again nex time i plan to take the board out.

also willing to get the side panels modified to make extra room for cables.

by the way i shifted the supplied rear exhaust 120mm fan to front intake...

it's a 9blade fan, very silent and almost a leaf blower...

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Congrats- looks and seems good for the price. :)

R.I.P horribly overpriced CM unElite. :p

I hope and pray demand doesn't cause jacking up of prices- as usually happens, especially in Mumbai. :)

Yup that is what happened with sccf 120mm, considering primeabgb is the sole NZXT distributor in india, i can see that repeat.

Congrats. :)

That's best VFM case.:hap2:

nice thread name :p

From pics I didn't like front of cabby much. So does it look good or bad?(I mean that, does pics do the justice for looks?)

Sudarshan_SMD said:
Congrats. :)

That's best VFM case.:hap2:

nice thread name :p

From pics I didn't like front of cabby much. So does it look good or bad?(I mean that, does pics do the justice for looks?)

not really,

the paintjob looks too flashy in pics but its not at all flashy in real.

i too had the same feeling about front bezel in pics all over online..

but it is not that bad in real, surely something one can live with..it's not like we keep looking at the bezel all the time and it's all fine for me as long as it is not flashy :)

every intake (except for side panel) has dust filters.

currently i dont have any fans installed at the top exhaust so i plan to put some filters over there to avoid things from falling inside... :p

posting a suggestion request thread in OC and Modding section for suggestions and tips regarding filters and cable management.. Evrybody is welcome to contribute :)

@ everybody

Thanks again :)

nice case. congrats :)

imo, the 4 pin power cable of vx450 is too short and quite fat. i tried to take it from the back in my lancool and it falls a few inches short. only way is to bring it from front. :(

and you're right about the power cable being too fat.

The top fan vents are meshed- why will anything fall inside except for liquid and some dust. :p

Infact, if you don't use top fans, the rear fan will suck in air+dust much faster from the top vents and may compromise venting out the hot air inside.

I just block the vent/s with some paper/cardboard and some sticky tape if not installing fans or using only 1 of the 2. :)

madnav said:
by the way i shifted the supplied rear exhaust 120mm fan to front intake...

it's a 9blade fan, very silent and almost a leaf blower...

I am not sure if it's you or someone else who uses the term 'leaf blower' very often where it may not be relevant.

Seen that at E too. :S

Are you sure you understand the term 'leaf blower' and why it is used at times wrt fans? :)

Coz 'silent' and 'leaf blower' do not fit in the same sentence unless it's antithesis. :gap:

nope i literally meant leaf blower.. and it is also silent...(the fan, not the term 'leaf blower' :) )

to be honest.. i doubt if it can even blow a leaf... :p

and no i did not use that word much before..i picked it up from someone at TE itself im sure but am not sure from whom :p

i would probably be replacing front intake with a better fan later when i'm done with my fan controller :), will shift this one to top exhaust where cfm wont matter much...

madnav said:
nope i literally meant leaf blower.. and it is also silent...(the fan, not the term 'leaf blower' :) )

to be honest.. i doubt if it can even blow a leaf... :p

Leaf blower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A leaf blower is a gardening tool that propels air out of a nozzle to move yard debris such as leaves. Leaf blowers are usually powered by two-stroke engine or an electric motor, ...

Noise pollution is also a concern with leaf blowers. Soon after the leaf blower was introduced into the U.S., its use was banned in two California cities, Carmel-by-the-Sea in 1975 and Beverly Hills in 1978, as a noise nuisance. There are currently twenty California cities that have banned leaf blowers, sometimes only within residential neighborhoods and usually targeting gasoline-powered equipment.

The very fast and whiny/loud fans, especially whiny multi-blade (paddle like blades) blower-type fans on gfx cards are sometimes referred to as leaf blowers for resemblance to typical leaf "blowers" and the typically loud and irritating noise they make. :)

Loosely used, the term is used to express displeasure at the noise a fan makes or something very noisy in general.

Maybe used for something else like say someone's really puny moped that makes a loud noise and hardly runs any faster- all wind and no go. :rofl:

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Leaf blower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The very fast and whiny/loud fans, especially whiny multi-blade (paddle like blades) blower-type fans on gfx cards are sometimes referred to as leaf blowers for resemblance to typical leaf "blowers" and the typically loud and irritating noise they make. :)

Loosely used, the term is used to express displeasure at the noise a fan makes,

Maybe used for something else like say someone's really puny moped that makes a loud noise and hardly runs any faster- all wind and no go. :rofl:

lol and i use it in a literal context :lol:

what i mean is the airflow is just enough to blow a leaf... :ashamed:

i had no relevance to the equipment though :p

thanks for bringing it to my attention, suppose i can just keep the term aside from now on :p :ashamed:

Hi madnav congrast ...I have a que..i am using zebronics bijli now...planning to upgrade...is this a better choice...can u compare this to a bijli ?

neojjjk said:
Hi madnav congrast ...I have a que..i am using zebronics bijli now...planning to upgrade...is this a better choice...can u compare this to a bijli ?

i myself shifted to this from bijli...
this one is much much much better than bijli.

neojjjk said:
@ madnav nice i know cable management is not good in bijli..but...did u notice any change in cpu and gpu HDD temp's ?

my temps have been already very low.. :p wont make huge difference with this cabinet..

did not make any difference in idle temperatures..

and did not do any load testing so can't comment about that.

technically this cabinet should allow better airflow due to top exhaust and a little better temperature since psu comes to the bottom, there by excluding itself from airflow cycle that one would expect in bijli.

idle temperatures have not changed at all..

except for hdds.. but that is because of the crappy supplied fan which is being used for the hdds.. previously i used sunbeamtech fan (one that comes with sccf) in bijli. Just checked specs for supplied nzxt fan.. lol its 43cfm.. sunbeam one is 90cfm..

wait i will look into cable management with help of extenders and all.. will post a complete setup including temperatures etc within a week or so if time permits :)

incase if you are caught up between whether to upgrade from bijli, i would say go for it before they run out of stock.. mind you...they will surely hike the prices with next stock...

Back