Hp 210 1118TU Rs22000/- 320gb(7200rpm), 2gb

Asus 1005HA 15200(DOS Only) 320gb, 2gb

these are the prices quoted by local dealer
may be i can reduce some 200-500 more with bargaining

please tell me which one to take

inclined towards the asus or Hp

asus for VFM and HP for hdd speed

lemme know ur opinions

no reviews in net for the HP particular model...
am in a fix

price is max 22k
video playback is priority but none have graphics card
asus 1201t is not available(cant wait for 15days from ebay)
good battery backup is also essential(1201t lacks it but im ok considering its performance)

thanks in advnce

nikrusty

Adept
Aug 4, 2005
Mumbai
Well I would go for Dell...simply coz they are the only ones who have "on-site warranty"...meaning they'll come to your home and repair it. Other than that it's ur personal choice dude!\

My aunt likes the Sony Vaio which is 1.83GHZ processor, 2GB, 250/320GB (don't remember) priced at Rs.20.999. It looks much better (more polished) than any other Netbook I personally believe, but this is just an opinion. Sony netbook comes in 3 colours, blue, pink and white. Dell has I think only white and black...not too sure though.

By the way you ought to mention processor speed too. The Sony Vaio proccy is faster than the Dell mini one that I saw at Croma in Phoenix Mills (mumbai). The Dell mini Rs 20700/- 320gb, 2gb has a 1.66GHZ proccy. Since "video playback is priority ", faster processor will definitely help.

"but none have graphics card" LOL,,,all computers have a graphics card silly, what you mean is they don't have an ATI or Nvidia. Intel Atom chipsets don't come with thirdparty GPU's (graphics card).

Battery backup is typically 3 hours, but with movie watching...forget it. It's gonna come down. watching movies is taxing and gaming much more!

ayaskant12

Adept
Dec 22, 2009
nikrusty said:
"but none have graphics card" LOL,,,all computers have a graphics card silly, what you mean is they don't have an ATI or Nvidia. Intel Atom chipsets don't come with thirdparty GPU's (graphics card).

Battery backup is typically 3 hours, but with movie watching...forget it. It's gonna come down. watching movies is taxing and gaming much more!
lolzz then What do u call the nvidia ion gpu poWered netbooks
or broadcom crystal gpu on dell mini???

the proccy speed helps but a gpu Wud surely offload the load on cpu
i am aWare of the integrated graphics chipsets

and battery life fo pinetrail proccy is typically siX hours noWadays With the 6cell battteries
you need to educate urself on latest trends

anyWays thanks a lot for ur advice

babhishek

Skilled
Feb 3, 2008
@AYASKANT - instead of making fun, first thank the poster for the response that you received.

in terms of the options you mentioned , the prices for pinetrail and inbuilt ion/crystal options are priced higher... so these discussions are out of scope.

unfortunately you need to tone down the sarcasm.

you asked for help, you recd a response - dont get into a theoretical discussion on technology - stick to the topic and options you posted and STARTED in this thread...

ayaskant12 said:
lolzz then What do u call the nvidia ion gpu poWered netbooks

or broadcom crystal gpu on dell mini???

the proccy speed helps but a gpu Wud surely offload the load on cpu

i am aWare of the integrated graphics chipsets

and battery life fo pinetrail proccy is typically siX hours noWadays With the 6cell battteries

you need to educate urself on latest trends

ayaskant12

Adept
Dec 22, 2009
aahhh so you mean to say that i was first who made sarcastic comment??

what was the need to LOL on my question first ??

i know what i say

before that he cud hav checked google atleast

and yeah i hav thanked him too

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ayaskant12 said:
l

nikrusty

Adept
Aug 4, 2005
Mumbai
"nvidia ion gpu" oops my bad bro!

"siX hours noWadays With the 6cell battteries" ahh yes with the Atoms yes that is possible, sorry my bad again. But don't just go by the spec sheet and you CAN expect the batt to come down in a year or so typically 50% depending on usage!

Oh BTW the faster the HDD, more the juice will go from Batt, but with Atoms it might be negligible (but I could be wrong here).

Here are links that cud help you out!
Tech2 Netbook guide
Top Netbooks For All Budgets, What's Your Pick? > Features > PCs & Laptops > Netbooks > Tech2.com India

Techtree Netbook guide
Techtree.com India > Guides > Peripherals/Gadgets Buying Guides > Best Netbooks to Buy

Games u can play on Netbooks
Techtree.com India > Reviews > Games > Features > Games to Play on a Netbook - Part 2

nikrusty

Adept
Aug 4, 2005
Mumbai
Oh darn it...I hope you make ur sale. It is always good to check out shops like croma et all to see whether u r comfortable with size