Netbook in max 18K with a good battery backup. Suggestions

pom99

Disciple
I need a netbook mainly for reading ebooks, writing on MS word and watching the occasional videos . I stay in a place with frequent power cuts. Average of 2 hours a day. So battery backup is my main concern. Read reviews online that the Samsung N210/148/150 are good for battery backup. any users of the same here?

Any other suggestions. I don't want to spend more than 15k actually but if stretched can take it to 18k max.

Thanks.

Well, if battery life is your key concern, there are two models which fall in that range with 6-cell batts:

Lenovo S10-3: 7-8hrs battery life easily. 9hrs at a stretch (low brightness, wifi off). 6-cell batt, Win 7 Starter, 250GB HDD, 1GB RAM, LED back-lit screen. Intel N450 Pinetrail. Rs.18k at Staples.

Acer Aspire One 532h: 8-9hrs batt life, 10hrs stretched. 6-cell batt, Win XP, 160GB, 1GB RAM, LED Back-lit, Intel N450, Multi-touch touchpad. Rs.16-17k everywhere.

The Lenovo's build quality and keyboard size are very very good, way better than the Acer.

Cheers!

Payne

Hello guys,
I am also planning to buy a netbook in the range of 12-18K; mainly for surfing and ms office. Kindly suggest few models.

Thanks D. Payne. Checking out the Lenovo. How is lenovo after sales service? Wouldn't dare think of an Acer. Have had nightmarish experience in the past. Their hardware quality is similar to scrap metal found in a junkyard. ( I am being polite). Would you make any suggestions about within 15K netbooks if any?

Again any comments from samsung netbook users would be welcome.

So that's it ? Nothing more coming in. Thanks to all you guys for your advice.

If somebody can tell me about Lenovo after sales that would be great. Searched on the forum couldn't find it.

Back