Netbook purchase time....

now you are pullign my leg huh !!!! Wish I had a fraction of the wealth Mr. Khan had - I would have multiplied it ten fold. Well then again Mr. Khan knows how to multiply his money many times over. Off topic though......

hey I found the posts quite helpful. I also need to buy a netbook in the next couple of days. Basically for web surfing and misc MS office stuff.

What i understood from these posts is that the Dell inpiron mini 1012 seems to be the best buy.

My budget is upto Rs. 22000/-.

Also as like mentioned in the post, the dell INdia website fails to shed light on this dell model with broadcom accelerator. Is the same one as mentioned with 320gb hard disk and 2gb ram (model Dellâ„¢ Inspiron Mini 10 (T540529IN8))

Please help me in deciding as I need to purchase it in a couple of days.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also can anyone please shed light on the new Eee PC 1001HA?...how is this as compared to dell mini 1012?

yes the top end sku has the Broadcomm card. Plays HD rips smoothly. Take it along with 1 year CC along with the slightly higher specced battery for 500 odd INR.

I compared Lenovo S10-3, Sony W (don't remember the model number but it was priced around 24k), HP 210, Samsung n150 and Acer - EeePC 1001HA was not available here locally in Pune

thirumalkumaran said:
Fine...
Now the top end model has disappeared from dell india site....

MODEL DISCONTINUED...
try reasonign with the sales team - they might have similar models in stock even though its discontinued.

How come Asus doesnt market their EeePcs here. they lead the sales charts for mini netbooks elsewhere in the world. The reviewers rate them high as well. looks like they are not focussing on indian market due to tough competition and low profit margins in a crowded segment where no one brings anything new to the table. its same configs different colours.. jm2c

I hope OP has bought one , me too in a similar fix. My requirements are mainly watching movies, browsing, & battery life. I will be using Linux as the OS in the netbook & was wondering if Dell would reduce the equivalent amount of it.(Default OS & MCfaee anti virus)

My budget is 15k.

@ OP ,,please post your views of your purchase.

Guys i am looking for a white colored netbook... one in my mind was asus eepc, but when i enquired... white is not available in asus here in india :-(... any other option guys?

It was for a friends relative. I gave my suggestions, but didnt check back on what was finally purchased. Let me see if they finally purchased one or not :p

Back