Netbook within 15k

6pack

ex-Mod
Wanted to buy a tablet, but those are out of my range.
So thinking of getting a notebook now. Looking for Atom or Amd am3? based netbook.
requirements are :
if possible 1366x768 resolution
1-2gb ram
If atom it should be 5xx ones not the 4xx one based chips.
Do not prefer Lenovo, Toshiba cause these have low specs and high costs.
Os i can put Ubuntu or something else, so dont mind if its not there.
Atleast more than 6hrs backup. (Whats the deal with HP notebooks - 6 cell battery and just 3hrs whereas Samsung gives around 10 hrs in same specs? )
Lowest power consumption. Should be around 30-40w.
Main usage surfing, viewing tv, and use as downloading rig. Will replace my current rig with this to save power. :hap2:
Will make current rig into media server.

And to reiterate budget is max 15k. Cant go any higher.
Got tired searching for netbooks and got confused seeing so many models. :ashamed:

i have an acer d257 with a atom n570 dual core 2gb ram.. but resolution is around 1024 only.. awesome netbook for the price. it has a default 1gb ram which you can upgrade to 2. overall cost 4months ago was 16.4k with a 2gb upgrade. I believe it is the best in 15k range.

Havnt seen any 10.1" netbook in India with res higher than 1024*600. Hp mini 110 US model has 1366 res.

I just got a hp mini indian one off letsbuy for 16.5k : dual core N570, 2GB, 320Gb 7200 rpm, 6 cell battery, free goodies like iomega 320Gb Ext hdd, Alcatel 3G data card. Comes with a 40W adapter. so the est power consumption is at max 40w.

and about the backup they say for hp, its just are just nuts. It easily gives 6hrs+, and my friend's samsung with same config gives around same backup.

^^ you are lucky dude.. hp has bad battery backup also flimsy build quality.. but overall the OP can buy any company (acer or samsung or hp) with same config and get similar results and at similar price

It's quite unlikely that you'll find a 1366x768 res netbook..

you could look into these models:

Asus Eee 1008HA Seashell

Samsung NC10

Acer Aspire One D150Bw

Fujitsu LOOX M

HP Mini 1137NR

Dell Latitude 2100

all are intel atoms..I don't know much about the prices of these..you'll have search around for that.

None of the notebooks are upto the mark in this range i feel. all of them lack something or other.

should i up my budget to 20k and get the ASUS Eee PC 1215B or the HP Pavillion DM1Z or DM1? both are around the 20-22k mark though, so i'll have to wait sometime before i get it.

yes, too bad. Also saw that the dm1z in india comes with e350 proccy. it can be configured for e450 proccy in usa. wonder why these corporates charge more money and give low standard products to us. :mad:

btw, where to buy Asus laptops in mumbai?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

any more notebooks in the 22k range?

besides Acer 1215B and HP DM1Z? Should i get these from amazon via icc/shop and ship/ ebay global if not available here?

The HP and Acer is around the $449 mark. And around that price there are other good notebooks like Toshiba, Sony Vaio with core i3/ amd e350 config too.

Only the Acer has a usb3 port though.

6pack said:
yes, too bad. Also saw that the dm1z in india comes with e350 proccy. it can be configured for e450 proccy in usa. wonder why these corporates charge more money and give low standard products to us. :mad:.

Well said. I have exactly the same doubt! I'm thinking of getting an E450, 4GB based dm1z from US from a friend. dm1z has excellent reviews everywhere.

Can someone who has used 11.6 notebooks comment on how easy/difficult it is to type on such small keypads? I'm asking since my main work involves a lot of coding/typing - and if that becomes painful, well then I need to re-look at my ultraportable buying choice!

Dell M101Z Neo K325 11.6" ~20k

HP dm1z e-350 11.6" ~22k

Sony YB e-350 11.6" ~22.5k

Asus 1215b c-50 12.1" ~19.5k

Acer AO c-50 11.6" ~17k

IN CPU performance order.

6pack said:
Wanted to buy a tablet, but those are out of my range.
So thinking of getting a notebook now. Looking for Atom or Amd am3? based netbook.
requirements are :
if possible 1366x768 resolution
1-2gb ram
If atom it should be 5xx ones not the 4xx one based chips.
Do not prefer Lenovo, Toshiba cause these have low specs and high costs.
Os i can put Ubuntu or something else, so dont mind if its not there.
Atleast more than 6hrs backup. (Whats the deal with HP notebooks - 6 cell battery and just 3hrs whereas Samsung gives around 10 hrs in same specs? )
Lowest power consumption. Should be around 30-40w.
Main usage surfing, viewing tv, and use as downloading rig. Will replace my current rig with this to save power. :hap2:
Will make current rig into media server.

And to reiterate budget is max 15k. Cant go any higher.
Got tired searching for netbooks and got confused seeing so many models. :ashamed:
There are many good netbooks that are available at a price below 15k. I would suggest you that you buy an Intel Atom processor based netbook. I am using one since last year and still now I am getting 6 hours of battery life. Atom processors are reliable and cheap. A new netbook can give you a battery life of atleast 8 hours. As the new softwares like latest versions of Windows software etc. take up lots of RAM space, its best to have atleast 2 GB of RAM.

There are many good netbooks that are available at a price below 15k. I would suggest you that you buy an Intel Atom processor based netbook. I am using one since last year and still now I am getting 6 hours of battery life. Atom processors are reliable and cheap. A new netbook can give you a battery life of atleast 8 hours. As the new softwares like latest versions of Windows software etc. take up lots of RAM space, its best to have atleast 2 GB of RAM.

Back