Laptops Netbook within 25k

corelement

Disciple
running Requirements

All office 2007
dvd-sometimes hd video files and youtube
Battery life of 6-10 hours
gpu - something better than intel onboard unless theres a VERY nice model that can run video without ion
cpu - n270 is out. I dont trust amd netbooks battery life weight and heat/noise ( correct me if im wrong )
touchpad MUST BE A SYNAPTICS.
Screen needs to be closeby the asus 1005ha

I like the
asus 1001pe - bad performance though
asus 1201n - bad battery life ( correct me if im wrong plus where does one get a 1201n?)

please guide me.

ASUS Eee PC 1201T ~ 23k seems like your best bet , I think you can get a 9 cell battery if you want higher battery life .

i just picked up a Dell Inspiron mini 10 with the the brilliant HD screen , 2G ram , 320GB HDD and most importantly it contains the Broad com Crystal HD Media accelerator card that is capable of showing 720p videos comfortably. Though not better compared to the ION solution. But decent i believe.

I customized it with a 6 cell battery that give s about 7 hours of time. Also had Windows 7 Home Basic edition.

Very good IMHO for 21.5 shipped to your door. on the site pick the rightmost option.

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

vincy24 said:
i just picked up a Dell Inspiron mini 10 with the the brilliant HD screen , 2G ram , 320GB HDD and most importantly it contains the Broad com Crystal HD Media accelerator card that is capable of showing 720p videos comfortably. Though not better compared to the ION solution. But decent i believe.

I have this very same netbook but I have 1 GB RAM; is there anyway to upgrade it through Dell ??

And on to the topic this netbook is just amazing, but as always check it out first before taking the plunge.

I have a Benq U121 Eco , its got an 11" 1366x768 screen. 6-7 hours of battery and plays Full HD video :D because of the GMA 500 chip which has support for hardware acceleration. Its got a slot for internal 3G card. RAM is easily upgradeable and it comes with a 250 GB HDD. The keyboard is definitely one of the best ones i have used on a netbook. Touchpad sensitivity is awesome but it does not have multitouch.

Dell mini 10, if you want HD video playback and Good battery life.

Asus 1201t- if u want a better processor and dont mind the poor battery life.

Back