Netscape Browser, v8.0 BETA is released based on Firefox 1.0.

The Netscape Browser 8.0 BETA
The Obvious Choice for Security, Efficiency & Ease-of-Use
Netscape Browser provides more security options, streamlines more standard browsing tasks and arms internet users with more timesaving solutions to their browsing needs than any other browser.

Features:
*Tabbed Browsing
*Site Controls
*Multi-Bar
*Form Fill/Passcard
*Live Content

Netscape Browser v 8.0 Beta

Hmm...this is old news! :bleh:

Well, i downloaded the day it was released (more than 20 days ago), and i din't like it. It sucks bigtime.

Cons:
1. Resource sucker
2. Exact copy of firefox, even the extension link went to mozilla home page!
3. 12 mb file, has AOL messenger as well ;whether we like it or not...
4. Damn slow, it's like IE.

The only good thing is that it looks good.

Just download and see for yourself and u will never again use netscape!

That's true mate,its pretty old in online terms (it was posted on our old forums),i did a check before posting nothing came up,so i posted it with a different title as you can see ,you and i know why the title is like that "cough" opera users "cough" ,once upon a time Netscape was the ruling class,now they seem they jumped in Firefox's shoes,more and more are learning the lessons of true browsing.
And offcourse we don't won't any Netscape user to complain that we left him out and that his browser is not posted here,we try to make everyone happy :p

Hehe .... I am no netscape lover, but it and mosaic had set about what we know as graphical internet browsing today.

BTW, there was an interesting article in chip magazine some months back about netscape-mozilla relations ... this makes a good read. However, mozilla is and will remain a better browser than netscape.

Netscape Browser 8 can be seen as a cosmetically made-up Firefox. Just the same, only the messenger is an additional package. The people who have been loyal to Netscape might be the ones who'll be eager to use it.
Anyone who uses Firefox doesn't need Netscape 8.
Besides, as drgrudge rightly said, it's a resource hogger.

Back