Neural Impulse Actuator

sarveshm123

Disciple
Hi Guys, I think this is cool, check out the link below. This product was launched couple of years back by OCZ but doesnt seem to have generated enough interest in gaming community. But the concept of controlling the game without k/b, mouse or joystick with help of of just facial movements seems to be really cool.

Has any1 tried this ??:)

nia Game Controller OCZ Technology

I actually bought it ... but turned out that the bone structure of my head made contact on the middle pad difficult. Tried a few things like putting moist cotton in between forehead and middle sensor to make contact. Wasn't very effective.

It has to be consistently grounded (with your hand on the box) for it to have at least some chance of working. Even then, the most I got it to do was a game of Pong. Didn't get it sensitive enough to try much else.

It takes too much time and patience ... something which I though I had ... but which in reality I don't. Now its sitting in a box .. hopefully not gathering dust. Maybe one day I will try it out again. For now its equivalent to some 5k down the drain.

My flatmate bought one. I had no fitting issues like junkiedogg but there were other issues.

There are two types of inputs the system takes.

1) Small muscle movements (like a clenched jaw, etc)

2) Brain wave mapping

1) was ok, 2) not so much. Like junkiedogg said, takes too much patience. So.. it's sitting in a box, hopefully not gathering dust.

Yes, it does..... But instead of controlling somethhing with the mind, I had seen something else some time ago. It included a guy having a gun shaped controller in his hand playuing operation flashpoint. The gun had a projector like thing in the front. So, if you move the gun around on a wall or a big white screen, you could see what you would actually see in reality. It would project a 30" or something image that moved with the gun. that was awesome. Maybe its still there on youtube..

@atiamd : yes even i had seen something like you said but remember where. But the stuff with mind control is in future possibility of going complete 3D Virtual Reality game. Being into the game. Maybe Matrix :p

Back