Video New 32/42 inch Full HD smart TV (no 3D)

Detox101

Disciple
Hi... I am looking to purchase a Full HD 32/42 inch smart LED TV with no 3D... IPS panel and awesome sound... Guys... please suggest...

P.S.: I am based out of Bombay..

Any suggestions?? @ALPHA17 and @Jakob

Last edited by a moderator:
The preference for ips panel actually narrows down your choice to LG and Panasonic ( there might be other brands as well which I am not aware of). Since you are in Mumbai, you can visit any of the multi brand retail shops and trust your eyes and senses for narrowing down on a particular brand/ model. Also, it is difficult to find a flat panel which has "awesome sound". You may consider investing in a home theater for good sound.

@Detox101 If you are planning of anything over 40 I would suggest you even have a look at Panasonic Plasma TVs. They offer a richer viewing experience and as such plasmas are comparatively cheaper too compared to LCD/LEDs. You might be amazed to note the color richness in Plasma TVs which can only be currently found in high end LED TVs. Definitely try to compare side by side both the Plasma and LED or LCD and you will understand the difference. Plasmas are a bit bulky compared to LED/LCD but if you like rich colors and overall viewing experience, I think you should definitely consider the Plasma TV.

@prtk Plasma TVs radiate more heat and consume a lot more power than LED TVs. Also they are very bulky and delicate to ship. Which is why despite the price advantage I wanted to buy an LED TV. I am looking for a smart FHD LED TV with no 3D... Good sound will definitely be a plus... and if it has bluetooth to connect my Dr. Dre headphones... nothing like it....

@Detox101 - Yes I do agree that Plasmas are a bit bulky, radiate a bit more heat and consume a bit more power but I find the picture quality close to the very high end pure LED TVs.

Compare all 4 side by side : Plasma TV, LCD TV, LCD LED TV and LED TV. Then you will notice the difference.

Power consumption is not a major factor in televisions - usually televisions run for around 4-6hours in any household - but yes if it runs for more hours then you should definitely select LED. The power consumption of Plasmas is usually around 200-220w / hr as compared to around 100 for LEDs or LCDs. Some higher end LEDs do consume much less power.

I would say you check out Panasonic or Sharp and Sony in that order.

Also check out Pure LED Range and not LCD LEDs.

@prtk Pure LED range is what I am looking at... Can you suggest some decent model names/numbers based on my requirements?

@Detox101. Sorry I use only Plasma TVs so cant suggest anything off hand. The only place I use LEDs is my computer monitor which is a Viewsonic 22inch and gives amazing results. But I am a bit biased towards Plasmas given their picture quality.

Back