Graphic Cards New agp card

darkseid

Disciple
Ok guys i have a really old system
p4 2.8 ghz
gigabyte mb intel 865g
512 mb ram
80 gb hd

now i need a graphic card(agp).ram and maybe a hd, i will buy a new pc later on. my budget would be around 10 k
right now i need it for animation stuff and games.
i think the ati 3850 and 3650 are still there for agp.
so should buy it or not,i live in mumbai so if any one could point me out to any dealers that would be cool

THANKS

For less than the price of a 3850 agp(10k) card you can get a 4670 pcie card(5k) + a pcie motherboard(4k)
4670 is actually faster than 3850 in most situations.

Rather than invest 10k in a graphics card, my suggestion would be to upgrade the CPU and RAM first. 512mb is a major bottleneck by any modern standard and a single core P4 2.8 will struggle to run anything modern. The 3xxx/4xxx won't realize its potential if the rest of the components can't keep up..

IMO get this:

Gigabyte G31-S2L 2.3k

Core 2 duo e5200 3.7k

Ati HD4670 Under 4k

2 x 1gb transcend 800Mhz - 1.1k

Sell ur P4 please if u wna Work on ur Ur pc

darkseid said:
Ok guys i have a really old system
p4 2.8 ghz
gigabyte mb intel 865g
512 mb ram
80 gb hd

now i need a graphic card(agp).ram and maybe a hd, i will buy a new pc later on. my budget would be around 10 k
right now i need it for animation stuff and games.
i think the ati 3850 and 3650 are still there for agp.
so should buy it or not,i live in mumbai so if any one could point me out to any dealers that would be cool

THANKS

dude m selling my nvidia 6600GT AGP graphics card coz my mobo ****ed up.. so gonna install new mobo with proccy m selling it.. its super working.. if u need it reply me...

for 10K upgrade ur CPU by adding some more 5K u'll get super fine CPU..

as of mine is also P4 2.4GHZ and 845GV mobo(****ed up).. so m going for C2D CPU all new for 10K...

Hi,
HIS is offering Stormrise game coupon ( so dis means free game, right :huh:) free with HIS HD4670 AGP on newegg. I had asked KMD for the quotes, hope he gets it with free game:)

zopeon

Hi,
I read the reviews on it and it seems you have to download the game from net!:eek:hyeah: So that shldnt be a prob. :hap2:

@OP . don't think anything other then changing the current config with the budget of 10k.. incase you want to increase the budget then -

Athlon x4 620 - 5k

Mobo Biostar 785 chipset - 3.5k

ram 2 GB - 1.4k

HDD 320 GB - 2 k

ATI 4670 - 4k

sell your old component for ~2k.

Btw IGP of amd 785g chip-set is almost equivalent to Nvidia 8500GT, so if you don't need that much GFx power then GFX Card will not be required. that will bring the budget close to 10k..but then pickup the mobo with 128mb side-port memory. It will cost ~500/- extra. if strictly 10k budget then go with intel config mentioned some posts above.

Back