New BSNL 2mbps Ulimit 1.1k

Very misleading indeed if true. :O
Anyone have a link to where it actually says there is a 10GB FUP.
The ad clearly says unlimited.

Ad may not be misleading. Just too much fine-print!

So looks like BSNL has joined the FUP bandwagno finally if this is true :)

You cannot really complain because it really IS unlimited , just that speed is reduced after 10GB (again this needs to be confirmed).... and if at all a complaint is to be filed, you can only force BSNL to make it clear on the ads that there is FUP - they can still call it unlimited though :)

i called the customer care today and the guy's got no clue of wat i'm talking abt. can somebody confirm if these plans r applicable all over india.i live in hyderabad.

Well atleast be happy that you guys are getting 2Mbps ultd @ 1099, Airtel has a really lame scheme ultd 4mbps for 1799 and 50GB FUP after that it drops to 256kbps.

The ultd 2Mbps airtel is 2099 with 100GB FUP, atleast you guys pay 1000 bucks lesser, and as far as i know all unlimited plans have FUP nowadays, correct me if I am wrong.

personally i think airtel's plans are a little better (for my usage) and i wish bsnl would match or make it similar.

i need 25-50 gb downloads quota per month at high speed (like 4 mbps) and i would be ok with FUP speeds down to 256 - FOR THE TIME BEING :D

btw i do think that airtel is screwing bsnl by charging them higher prices for providing bandwidth :) TRAI needs to wake up and do 2 things.

1. Help competition thrive.
2. Redefine min broadband speed to 1 mbps at least :D

That page has "## This plan is circle specific plan and shall be applicable to Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Punjab Circles only. " mentioend... not interested even if it comes to Pune :)

I am writing a Complaint to ASCI.Atleast, I can't tolerate such misleading ads. its easy, can be done via Email. I suggest you all do the same, more the better chances of our voice getting heard:hap2:

Jasku said:
Well atleast be happy that you guys are getting 2Mbps ultd @ 1099, Airtel has a really lame scheme ultd 4mbps for 1799 and 50GB FUP after that it drops to 256kbps.

The ultd 2Mbps airtel is 2099 with 100GB FUP, atleast you guys pay 1000 bucks lesser, and as far as i know all unlimited plans have FUP nowadays, correct me if I am wrong.

comp@ddict said:
This actually makes Airtel's 4MBPS plan godly..

its like saying, All operator are worse, which provider is *less* worse!

Sad state of Broabdand in our India, things never change:(

Lets accept it.. We in India have slow broadband (256kbps) or should I say no Broadband... :mad:

Now everybody bend over once more... :S

Gaurish said:
I am writing a Complaint to ASCI.Atleast, I can't tolerate such misleading ads. its easy, can be done via Email. I suggest you all do the same, more the better chances of our voice getting heard:hap2:

if we attack , let it be more planned .

how about mailing it with Carbon copy to TRAI / PM / IT minister & not missing all Media channels ( some tech programme ) & consumer courts if they can do some part here .
:eek:hyeah:

so i guess the 625 ul plan is being implemented , i ll get it changed from 750 to 625 tomorrw only :p

actually i m quite happy with bsnl 256kbps u/l at 750 now 625,

evem if u get 2mbps ul for 1100 , the 10gb d/l limit will get over in a less than 48hours , so basically for the rest of the month u are on 256kbps only ,

so why pay 1100 just for 2 days of fun , happy with 625 only

bsnl indeed sucks , but i got no choice , i have no airtel in my area or any other provider except connect broadband but they have weird speeds on torrents

its clearly mentioned for 1mbps upto 9gb then 256 kbps

and for 2mbps upto 10gb then 256kbps - hate it

Gaurish said:

Gaurish dada please share the email id where we can complain

I couldn't find it

Brothers , this is a call for support to all TE'ians . Lets join the effort and complain to ASCI for the misleading ad

that is bs lame plan with fub 10 gb all these are total sh1t at bsnl

btw i check the newspaper show no full detail of promise show fup beyond 256 kbps..

that why the bsnl has been cheat the customer and rip off due to lose of profile at low speed plan

anyway i am switch to something new plan telcom soon is available at chennai 600 kbps at 800 r.s only :D

lease fill in this Form and send by e-mail to asci@vsnl.com or by post to the below mentioned address

Please click here to Download Form
Write to - Mr. Alan Collaco, Secretary General

The Advertising Standards Council of India,

219, Bombay Market,

78 Tardeo Road,

Mumbai 400 034

Tel: (022) 23521066/23516863,

Fax: 23516863,

E-mail: asci@vsnl.com

As a policy we do not disclose the identity of the Complainant to the Advertiser

In case you send your complaint by e-mail please follow-up with a hard copy of your complete complaint with enclosures, by post to our above address.

Not sure if they would take action, but atleast we can try

more important than advertising... i would like to see how/why not TRAI/MRTPC/DoT etc investigate "cartelisation" between operators - this "mgcarley" (hayai) guy mentioned that some of his providers "asked" him to REDUCE speeds/quotas to "avoid confusion in the market" or something like that... this is disturbing me more than silly advertising issues...

( but of course i will send a msg to ASCI too - assuming it doesnt bounce off the vsnl.com address :D )

vishalrao said:
more important than advertising... i would like to see how/why not TRAI/MRTPC/DoT etc investigate "cartelisation" between operators - this "mgcarley" (hayai) guy mentioned that some of his providers "asked" him to REDUCE speeds/quotas to "avoid confusion in the market" or something like that... this is disturbing me more than silly advertising issues...

Well, There is no documented evidence of this. plus, I can live with high price & slow speeds but I can't live with providers openly fooling innocent customers with false advertising. on top of this, when you call customer care - they still say its a unlimited plan with no FUP. clear case of cheating.

This is not acceptable:no:

^^ is that ASCI the best one? How about we spam all these guys complaining about the new plans; http://www.bsnl.co.in/directory_officer.htm

All the great BSNL officials are studying on how to become like Reliance & co. The only thing the company has going for it is the image of having more integrity from the DoT days and so they are hard at work getting rid of that.

Back