New cable TV Tariffs to put a hole in your pocket!

Are you saving money with this New TRAI rule?

• Yes (Saved more than ₹100/mo)

• No (My bills have increased)

• Don't see any change! I pay the same

Results are only viewable after voting.
And if all you wanted was the DD free channels, why would you even take a connection in the first place from a paid provider? They never gave the FTA channels as free, you had to have a pack.

I would love to know what is the clarity on the free DD dish thingy. Is it going paid? Or free?

Secondly, AFAIK, the network capacity fee is capped to 130, it can be reduced as well later on the operators whim?
NCF is already being negotiated by DTH providers. Sun has already said that it won't charge NCF for paid channels on it's DTH service. Tata Sky is also supposedly working with broadcasters and offering the same on some channels where that paid channel won't count across your NCF quota.

https://telecomtalk.info/tata-sky-r...errer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

They are waiving off NCF for pay channels from their side which would mean that from TRAI perspective, it's still there and providers would need to pay GST for it whether they collect the amount or not. Sort of like how manufacturers are being required to pay GST on any free items they give or how banks are required to pay taxes on services for which fees are waived off.

Tatasky is pure shit. They have customized their packs such that from every angle they are at profits.
I'm just saving some 17 bucks compared to my current pack and in my only advantage is that I'm getting star world and axn which I dont even watch coupled with below trash.

The stupidity is:
I tried selecting some Marathi regional combo & why the hell they include Gujarati channels in it? and re-infused FTA channels twice (they are already in FTA list esp. news.) This may be an error but still.

They basically want to show that we are offering you SO MUCH in SO LESS. As users dont care whats inside FTA.

Now I'm being charged Rs 173 as NCF fee along with the extra 346 bucks for the pack. So I'm spending more than my existing pack.
This NCF is actually f#@king all the fun.
FTA and NCF is foul playing all shit.

Last edited:
That's exactly what has happened in my case. An a la carte selection of channels with English only content after excluding the overlaps due to channel packs.. my cost per month is marginally higher!

If I'm not wrong.. Tatasky have now doubled the multi TV charges to 500?? Or did I see /understand something wrong?

There is no provision of multi-tv in the new TRAI framework. Guess we have to pay twice the amount now!

There is no provision of multi-tv in the new TRAI framework. Guess we have to pay twice the amount now!
Are there any Jugaad available in market for multi tv setup ? My house is wired with cable lines when we had renovated 15 years back but that was when normal cable was more prominent and there was no DTH.
Even today, we have cable running through that wiring and there is no Dish anywhere as far as I know. The cable provider is InCableNet in Mumbai (Borivali west area).

Anyone here using Incable (no dish outside home), can we also select the TRAI website plans?

Edit: Is it me or the TRAI select website is completed f*ked up? The actual grid of channels only comes in the lower 40% of the page and scrolling works there only.

Are there any Jugaad available in market for multi tv setup ? My house is wired with cable lines when we had renovated 15 years back but that was when normal cable was more prominent and there was no DTH.
Even today, we have cable running through that wiring and there is no Dish anywhere as far as I know. The cable provider is InCableNet in Mumbai (Borivali west area).

Anyone here using Incable (no dish outside home), can we also select the TRAI website plans?

Edit: Is it me or the TRAI select website is completed f*ked up? The actual grid of channels only comes in the lower 40% of the page and scrolling works there only.

You can use the same wiring for either DTH or cable. If the wire is RG6 then you might need an amplifier while with RG11 the chances of it being needed will be less.

How does that help? Even there you need two STBs and pay for both. Probably the DTH and Cable providers will waive the NCF for secondary connections.

The local guys on Hathway definitely don't have multi TV charges as high as Tatasky for sure. Will get the exact details from people in my building

The local guys on Hathway definitely don't have multi TV charges as high as Tatasky for sure. Will get the exact details from people in my building
Yeah I have Hathway at home provided by local cablewallah and been 6 yrs now and he just charges us some 150 or 200 bucks p.m. for that extra bedroom tv ever since. My internet is also from him. So no hike no spike and no extra charges for me apart from those 150/200 :photogenic:.
Long back I suggested to move to tatasky but my dad was firm on his decision to stick to cable tv and seems he was right. Now see all DTHs got f#$#kd.:cool:

Yeah I have Hathway at home provided by local cablewallah and been 6 yrs now and he just charges us some 150 or 200 bucks p.m. for that extra bedroom tv ever since. My internet is also from him. So no hike no spike and no extra charges for me apart from those 150/200 :photogenic:.
Long back I suggested to move to tatasky but my dad was firm on his decision to stick to cable tv and seems he was right. Now see all DTHs got f#$#kd.:cool:

I believe the rules are same for DTH and Cable as well.

Yes, you will pay the same rates with cable operators too. That's why a lot of them are protesting against this regulation. Broadcasters are required to charge the same rates on every one.

Still no clarification on the multi tv setup. Called Airtel and they do not have any clue on multi-tv setup and asked to wait and watch for couple of days.

Back