New Cans - Sennheiser HD650

Yup... 300 ohm cans. Amping absolutely necessary. I have my HD580 amp as of now to fall back on but they won't do justice to this pair of cans. I need to build a new one... potentially one with a tube buffer.

Congrats. I was considering getting them last year through my uncle in the U.S. but the price back then.....:O :O

I believe they're very hard to drive. Do they even work of a simple mp3 player or of your PC audio o/p?? Do let us know.

Edit: Was it the HD-600 I was interested in??...Aah I don't remember....no more fancy cans for me anyway.

Chaos said:
Yup... 300 ohm cans. Amping absolutely necessary. I have my HD580 amp as of now to fall back on but they won't do justice to this pair of cans. I need to build a new one... potentially one with a tube buffer.

you must be experiencing some good musical fidelity there :cool2:

sydras said:
Congrats. I was considering getting them last year through my uncle in the U.S. but the price back then.....:O :O

I believe they're very hard to drive. Do they even work of a simple mp3 player or of your PC audio o/p?? Do let us know.

Edit: Was it the HD-600 I was interested in??...Aah I don't remember....no more fancy cans for me anyway.

I don't intend to drive it off a PC audio output... I have a headphone amp as I said earlier but looking for better ones. The HD600 was just 25$ less than this so not that great a deal. My existing headamp drives the 580 comfortably and those have 4dB less sensitivity than the HD650 so driving these should not be an issue at all.

Chaos said:

Congrats mate,:hap2:

BTW just want to know what u r gonna do with ur HD580 as u got his big bro:p

Congrats !! Brilliant stuff !!

If you have plans for selling the HD 580 + amp, let me know.... MY friend is still looking for headphones :p

Nice buy Chaos! You must be experiencing some good musical fidelity there! :D

Psst.. I heard Masky is getting 5hundred and 80 wives

Back