New Cans - Sennheiser HD650

First of all congrats! Awesome set, I wish I could have but couldn't afford...

Chaos...I'm interested in buying another set of cans (I have the Audio technica ATH A900). I shortlisted the HD600, though I have to wait for funds till later this year ;)

Basically what's the difference between the 600's and 650's in terms of performance? Comments on soundstage and tone?

What sort of cabling would I need, 600's have detachable cables don't they?

I find the highs a little shrill on the A900, will it improve whilst burning in?

Comment on the differences between the 3 sets mentioned pls, Also how does the AKG K701 compare?

Thanks.

And congrats once again :)

The biggest difference you'll notice between the 580/600 and 650 is the bass. The amount of bass is way more than 600. Also it extends way below the 600/580. The higher end of the spectrum is also not rolled off like the 580/600. Its very smooth and The other difference I notice even on a cheapo source is that the soundstaging is way way better. The 580 had a 3 blob effect whereas the soundstage is way more even in this

About the audio technica... they are supposed to be a bit bright. Spending cash on Cabling is kinda pointless unless you have a really high end amp and source.

Chaos said:
The biggest difference you'll notice between the 580/600 and 650 is the bass. The amount of bass is way more than 600. Also it extends way below the 600/580. The higher end of the spectrum is also not rolled off like the 580/600. Its very smooth and The other difference I notice even on a cheapo source is that the soundstaging is way way better. The 580 had a 3 blob effect whereas the soundstage is way more even in this

About the audio technica... they are supposed to be a bit bright. Spending cash on Cabling is kinda pointless unless you have a really high end amp and source.

Thanks...I've noticed that (bright) about the A900. Highs get a little piercing at times, though not enough to put one off. Bass wasn't that great on them at first, but after 25+ of use hours I feel some improvements. Thankfully they don't have any issues with higher spectrum a plus for me cause I listen to a lot of tenor vocals - charlotte church for example. I love the violin (vanessa mae), just comes to life...No amp as of now - just x-fi platinum.

Now coming to the price - 300 US is awesome, and will these guys ship here? the marked price on their website (used your link) is 499 US. How the heck did u get such a large rebate?

So I'll save on cabling and get a slightly better amp. Thanks for all that.

here - dug up a comparison - Review: Audio Technica ATH-A900 vs Sennheiser HD600 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio
not that you need it :p

^ bhphoto will ship to India as long as you pay shipping + customs :p

They have an India liason office check it on their site.

Chaos! Congrats again :D

I listened to some music on these yesterday.

And oh my god, it sound out of the world. The packaging itself is something that befits the 300$ price tag on these babies.

And the listening session I had made sure I will never think of music the way I didb efore.

My music life is now divided into Pre-HD 650 and post-HD650.

I heard drum beats and plucks of the guitar I had never heard before.

The guitar work at the beginning of "Late Goodbye" never ever sounded so amazing.

^Congratulations! :D

You've just been diagnosed with very early symptoms of audiophilia.

Stay away from Chaos and any sound producing device that is of excellence else be prepared to watch your bank balance dwindle downwards :D

rofl..... I am safe for now... I have no money anyway.

But yes, it is the starting... I have made up my mind to invest tons of money in audio equipment like this :p

I dont mind being infected by such a nice disease :p

Nikhil said:
I have made up my mind to invest tons of money in audio equipment like this :p
That's it, your done with, I can already see you typing a FS : P180 thread :p

Nikhil said:
I dont mind being infected by such a nice disease :p
We never said it wasn't nice :eek:hyeah:

Anish said:
That's it, your done with, I can already see you typing a FS : P180 thread :p
Naaah..... that will never happen. Music created using Drums/guitar/pianos, etc will never beat the music created by crankshafts/camshafts/pistons and a superb exahust :D

Back