New Clear Reactor :fear:

sarang

Skilled
Things sometimes take the craziest of turns in our crazy geek life. It all started with a craving for a new GPU. Was almost sold on the 6950 and was feeling underpowered with the budget PSU king VX450. Then finally decided to bite the bullet and get a mighty PSU to be safe n sound for the next few GPU upgrades. So ordered the Seasonic M12D which took forever to arrive and had to cancel the order due to delays.

Then came to my secondary choice, something based on the same M12-D platform with a ridiculously crazy looking and slightly under performing fan the XFX 850 Black Edition. As luck would have it the new Seasonic line-up is listed today around the same price bracket I got this, but no regrets.

The customary crappy pics keeping with the current trend :p

dr.sankhadeep said:
congo bro....why not corsair???
An XFX in hand is worth 2 Corsairs in the backorder :p

This one is based on a very stable platform has respectable reviews from everyone and frankly this was a second choice as both Seasonic and Corsair were taking longer than expected.

sarang said:
An XFX in hand is worth 2 Corsairs in the backorder :p

This one is based on a very stable platform has respectable reviews from everyone and frankly this was a second choice as both Seasonic and Corsair were taking longer than expected.
Also, it's still a Seasonic :p
Congrats :)

I might just be grabbing one of these myself.

Thanks eveyone! The damages are 9.5K.

@sTALKEr: Err you might have the choice of getting the new Seasonic X Series in the consumerlands. At least it's priced similarly here. Its the same platform with a few refinements and 80+ Gold cert. I had already ordered mine by the time Tirupati/ITWares announced them here.

sarang said:
Thanks eveyone! The damages are 9.5K.

@sTALKEr: Err you might have the choice of getting the new Seasonic X Series in the consumerlands. At least it's priced similarly here. Its the same platform with a few refinements and 80+ Gold cert. I had already ordered mine by the time Tirupati/ITWares announced them here.
The xfx was on sale recently for $90.. :( didn't have monies to order it back then.

Seasonic 750 sells for 140 and is almost never on sale :(

But still, the seasonic has its own charm I guess.

Where/when are you gonna be here?

Sent from my SCH-I500

stalker said:
The xfx was on sale recently for $90.. :( didn't have monies to order it back then.
Seasonic 750 sells for 140 and is almost never on sale :(
But still, the seasonic has its own charm I guess.

Where/when are you gonna be here?

Sent from my SCH-I500

talk about my luck. the x750 just went on sale for 30/- off :)

The x750 actually sells for 160/- (the 650 was for 140).

djmykey said:
Does that phan glow in the dark :bleh:

Congrats on the PSU, looks bling !!
Lol no, and anyway its mounted in my Centurion 590 face down so i ain't gonna see it never!

@ultimabasher: Too late buddy, younger bro snatched it away :(

Sudarshan_SMD said:
Congratulations :)

I didn't expected XFX Black Edition PSU to get that yellow fan and connectors. :p

Yellow is still "okayish" its freakin fluorescent green !

@DarkStar: You better not envy this for the aesthetics, not enviable by any stretch of imagination. I am still spilling drool over sTALKEr's latest PSU.

Back