New Content Management System (CMS) for Serious Business or Use the Existing One ??

Hi,

I have been using MemHT, A simple but very easy to operate CMS software. But as Visitors and Ads earning is increasing day-by-day, I have started looking at website's progress seriously so as I can handle visitors more efficiently and offer more facilities/features to visitors.
For the same I have three options:

1) Get new template for the existing CMS software.

2) Get new CMS Software. (Joomla/Drupel.... etc)

3) Get the site developed completely from a professional completely.
For me Option no.1 is the easiest one, as the data will be safe and secure. I am much more confident using the existing one as been handling it from the last 2 years and know a bit in-out of the said CMS.

Though on papers, Option no.2 will be the best as it will open new avenues (hopefully) with new modifications and functions. Data loss might be possible, as data conversion from one CMS to another is quite a task.

Option no.3 is the costliest one and would look at it if Option no.1 and Option no.2 fails out.
I am trying to save cost as much as possible as it was started as hobby, but will not mind spending if Option no.1 and option no.2 ain't feasible looking at future.
Totally Confused ?? What do you suggest guys ?? :S

Re: New Content Management System (CMS) for Serious Business or Use the Existing One

If you are earning good money and if you can see a bright future for your site, then you definately consult a proffesional agency and ask them to design a CMS and template for it.

And never use joomla. Its pretty tough to use and i heard lots of loop holes in it and is vulnerable to hacking.

Re: New Content Management System (CMS) for Serious Business or Use the Existing One

Well I have used Joomla and I would say it's a fantastic CMS...with loads of Themes/Plugins available...you can change look and feel and extend functionality on the fly...

Well frankly, I had used Joomla last time while setting up the website and found it too confusing for an average user like me. Switched to MemHT and found it very easy to implement and use.

How much can I expect the professional guys ask me for ?? I know Sky might be the limit but mine requirment is something easy-to-use/implement complete CRM with commenting system, ticketing system and good security.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

<BUMP> Any more views guys ??

In case you are checking for Enterprise Class, give Alfresco some consideration...

How's a SMF + Simple Portal - Looks pretty steady to me and suffice my requirements like adsense, mobile pages, strong integrated forum, widely available support/themes. What say ??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Anyone who is proficient in SMF ??

Back