CPU/Mobo "New CPU installed" ERROR at every boot up :/ (Asus H55 Mobo)

Icon_211

Disciple
Keep getting "New CPU installed" message at every startup now and its very annoying to load default settings everytime to get me into windows, at startup it only shows two options f1 to bios and f2 to load optimal settings.

My mobo is Asus P7H55DM-Pro, cpu core i3-530 and 4gb of ram (2*2gb dual ch) from corsair.

tried the CMOS jumper but no use it was fine for first two boots but after then it started to show up the message again but whatever i do the date and time never changes so i dont think
it is a battery issue, it recognizes time and date correctly but not the CPU ID i think :/

just the new cpu installed error issue only other than that everything is fine

any help

Did you remove the processor in the recent past?

If yes, for what purpose?

Try to 'Load Optimal Settings' and see where that takes you.

Also, if you have access to the internet apart from the PC. Download the latest BIOS and firmware update for your motherboard from the product page. Flash the same using a USB device and see if that solves your woes. Cheers!

but i didn't remove my procy, i have tried optimal settings still no use and also my mobo's bios version is 1604 (P7H55DM-PRO) which is the latest one, now i'am out of ideas

thanks for your reply alpha:)

Try flashing the bios to its default one when you bought the mobo. You may find it saved on your mobo cd. Or downgrade by downloading from the net.

i do not have a spare battery, also i noticed one more thing if i leave the UPS on that "new cpu installed" message is not showing up even after turning on the computer at the morning!!
weird the time and date remembered correctly even if i leave the UPS turned off while away, but not the cpu? it (UPS) has to be turned on all the day and night to boot up normally to windows :/

my mobo is nearly 2 years old and the bios 1604 is the default one came with my mobo when i bought it, just a week ago only i'am facing this problem:(

things i have done so far:

1. tested with two new batteries no help

2. changed my cpu cooler from stock to cooler master TX3 no help

3. tried new set of rams no help

4. flashed the bios no help

one more thing left is my psu before going into it i wanna confirm are these readings safe within limits?

CPU -> 1.232v
3.3v -> 3.424v
5v -> 5.136v
12v -> 12.040v

the above readings are from under bios setup are those are safe? because my last option would be my psu, else rma my mobo :/

Do you get this error everytime when you switch off the power, switch the power on and boot or even in case of shutdown and boot?

i would suggest re installing the cpu once if you havent already done that. remove the cmos battery for 5 mins and use the jumper at the same time.

i reinstalled the cpu and even changed the power supply i think the final option is to change the motherboard itself, i have tried everything i could
thanks for your suggestions:)

i reinstalled the cpu and even changed the power supply i think the final option is to change the motherboard itself, i have tried everything i could.

Is the motherboard under warranty cover, if yes try to get it RMA-ed. Will save you the monies that shall go in purchasing a new one. =]

Is the motherboard under warranty cover, if yes try to get it RMA-ed. Will save you the monies that shall go in purchasing a new one. =]
seems its an Asus specific problem:( i do not have a spare board to RMA this board so thinking of sticking to it for now and will go for new one later :)

Back