New CPU purchase Queries ;)

VinayaK

Disciple
Hi Guys! I am going to buy a new one soon. I had a few queries concerning the new PC specs.

I am confused between C2Duo and I5/I7. Now I really do not have much of a constraint on my budget. It really is flexible.

However, I am an average PC user – Internet, Video and Audio most of the time.I do play counter strike occasionally, but that’s about it as far as gaming is concerned. No plans to get back to gaming again.

So is the I5/I7 really going to help me out in any manner?? Will it provide any sort of better life, better performance, future OS/hardware compatibility or absolutely anything in contrast to the C2Duo (2.93Ghz)?

Also what would be an appropriate power rating considering buffer power for any future hardware inclusion?

Thanks in advance for helping me out as always :) ;)

i am using my pc for the same things you have mentioned above.

i would suggest to get an amd x2 phenom 555be. do some research & get the correct stepping so you can unlock it to x4. lastly get a ssd hdd for the os & apps instead of spending on i5/i7 or x6

yup get a x2 555 and some decent ram with 500gb hdd ! get a big screen ! as it feels good while watching movies ! i think you dont need a gpu ! so you can get you pc for ~ 35k

Thanks for the suggestions. What do you guys mean by the fact that you can unlock it to x4.

Also in either case will the power supply coming with a typical power casing be adequate ? Or do i need to look into some specific power rating, taking into consideration my PC usage requirements :).

VinayaK said:
Also in either case will the power supply coming with a typical power casing be adequate ? Or do i need to look into some specific power rating, taking into consideration my PC usage requirements :).
That power supply will not be sufficient. Such power supplies are generally made of low grade components with bare minimal heatsinks, no internal mechanism to protect the system during overloads and no PFC mechanism. You are better off avoiding such cheap power supplies and go for one from a decent and reputable manufacturer such as Corsair, Seasonic, Antec etc. Power rating would depend on whether you would be investing an additional graphics card and other peripherals. Do tell us your budget, just in case.

Budget is perfectly flexible. So then, I would be having a PCI express card 7300GT (my old gfx card only, do not think i will be playing games in the future), planning on a 500GB HDD .. would possibly addon upto 1TB in capacity in the longer term. Thats about it. Pls help me decide the power rating based on the same.

Thanks thanks thanks :)

An entry level power supply rated at about 350W should do. The FSP SAGA II 350W or the Zebronics Pro Power 350W priced at Rs. 1500 is a good bet.

Back