New DAC

Chaos

Skilled
Got a new DAC today called Citypulse DA7.2x (Made in china :p)... Sounds amazing compared to the sources I had. Has a fully discrete inbuilt headphone amp as well that sounds awesome with my sennheiser hd580. I can bid farewell to the old headamp now i guess. The DAC has a Burr Brown PCM1796 converter that has a THD of 0.0005% :p and a dynamic range of 123dB and supports upto 24 bit/192kHz input in both PCM and DSD formats :clap: . This thing makes my old M-Audio Audiophile USB sound like a tin can :p.Here are the pics

Front:

Back:

All important Inputs:

The awesome looking remote control... its made of a single block of aluminium :D

In action :)

Congratulations Chaos :)

What are you gonna do with your old custom amp??
Maybe youre feeling generous and feeling like giving it away .

to mee :devil2:

Chaos, Man you Rock. You have to be one of the most l337 audio lovers I've come across.. Congrats... You've made me green....

Chaos said:
Got a new DAC today called Citypulse DA7.2x (Made in china :p)... Sounds amazing compared to the sources I had. Has a fully discrete inbuilt headphone amp as well that sounds awesome with my sennheiser hd580. I can bid farewell to the old headamp now i guess. The DAC has a Burr Brown PCM1796 converter that has a THD of 0.0005% :p and a dynamic range of 123dB and supports upto 24 bit/192kHz input in both PCM and DSD formats :clap: . This thing makes my old M-Audio Audiophile USB sound like a tin can :p.Here are the pics

Front:

Back:

All important Inputs:

The awesome looking remote control... its made of a single block of aluminium :D

In action :)

Congrats man !!! And were normal people like me supposed to understand anything from that post of yours :p :lol: ??

Good buy chaos.:clap: I must make one for myself soon ....
btw if my long overdue package does not reach me by this weekend then i am teleporting that DAC to mumbai ....;)

f*kin sweet dude. Those are some killer specs. One thing i didnt understand. You cannot output DSD in digital due to the copy protection thingie. So its more or less pointless.

But the baby is well worth the money.

deejay said:
Good buy chaos.:clap: I must make one for myself soon ....
btw if my long overdue package does not reach me by this weekend then i am teleporting that DAC to mumbai ....;)

Shit... totally forgot re. Lol will send it tomorrow. For sure!

Hi Guys,

You should know that this DAC is just another shameless Chinese product piracy result :mad:
I don't think that people taking benefit from 1:1 copies should receive any support here!
Besides most likely Citypulse will face legal consequences soon ...and there goes your warranty... :S

My opinion: To hell with such brands!

^^LOL are you braindead? Show me the product from which it has been copied from :p. If you are talking about the CES DAC, well like it or not this is a better product heh. The idiots can't even put a linear power supply in a DAC costing 1400$ whereas the chinese do so in a DAC costing 300$ duh. Who cares about warranty anyway lol. I'm modding it with a new clock generator in a day or two :p.

First of all it's CEC and others too. Second it seems you have no clue about power supplies: What you call linear has pretty less to do with linear and its cheaper than a professional switching power supply. By the way: Which 1400$ (USD???) product are you talking about?
Citipulse is using a cheap copy of the Candeias-Engineering modules which are the only reason it worth to talk about this DAC here. This is one a a very few companies that really successfully do resarch work for audio. Citypulse illegaly uses their achievments as well as their reputation for getting better results in sound and sales. The fact remains that we are talking about stolen technology here! It is very interesting to see how less you care illegal actions like that. If the company likes to compete with cheap price by having direct sales, they should do by their own know how. I doubt they are able to...
Either a braindead person or a "Citipulse" member can push such product so actively!

Back