Budget 31-40k New Futureproof PC advice

Harigtx

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • 35K. If need can add 2-3k more
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel core 2 duo
    • Motherboard - Asus XXX
    • GPU - HD 6670 1gb ddr5
    • RAM - Local RAM 2X2GB 1333mhz
    • Monitor - Dell s2240l
    • PSU - Coolermaster 450w
    • DVD Drive - Sony
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor
    • DVD Drive
    • GPU
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • core i5 based Rig.Rest no idea
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the GPU next year.Mostly high end Card.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Local (CTC,Hyderabad )
    • Open to online purchase(If warranty is not an issue )
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Light Gaming at the moment
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Watching FHD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Any Brand with Good service
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Dota, CS GO,SR 4 at present..
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920 x 1080
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Win 8 as of now and will move on to Win 10...

Also need UPS and Normal mouse and keyboard will suffice.

• CPU - Intel Core i5 4440 -12500,
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
  • RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600Mhz -4500,
  • PSU - Antec VP450P -2500,
  • GPU - Asus Strix GTX 750Ti 2GB -11000.
  • TOTAL -36,000.
Your present GPU HD 6670 1gb ddr5 doesnt stand a chance in the present scenario. So going for a new GPU is your best bet always.

• TOTAL -36,000.
Your present GPU HD 6670 1gb ddr5 doesnt stand a chance in the present scenario. So going for a new GPU is your best bet always.
@bssunil yes, this is a good build but he can get a better cpu because op plans on getting a high end card next year (i'm guessing he has a separate budget for that).
for light gaming the current gpu or the onboard iris vga could be used as an interim option.

@Harigtx -get a seasonic s12 520w or 620w psu depending on how high-end a gpu you plan on getting.
i'm assuming you don't plan to crossfire/sli right?
will you be needing a new cabinet or using the old one?

• TOTAL -36,000.

Thnx for the reply !

I don't need GPU right now.I only play dota 2 and cs go hardly 1-2hrs.But i will purchase GTX 970 or equivalent GPU this year ending or next year.when i free from my work.
So based on those, suggest good PSU,cabinet, HDD preferably 1TB and also UPS.

@bssunil yes, this is a good build but he can get a better cpu because op plans on getting a high end card next year (i'm guessing he has a separate budget for that).
for light gaming the current gpu or the onboard iris vga could be used as an interim option.

@Harigtx -get a seasonic s12 520w or 620w psu depending on how high-end a gpu you plan on getting.
i'm assuming you don't plan to crossfire/sli right?
will you be needing a new cabinet or using the old one?

I don't plan to sli or overclock processor.

Yes need a good cabinet.

But i will purchase GTX 970 or equivalent GPU this year ending or next year.when i free from my work.
So based on those, suggest good PSU,cabinet, HDD preferably 1TB and also UPS.
PSU- seasonic s12 520w ~4-5k
HDD- wd blue 1tb (~4k)
UPS- im not too familiar with ups' but i have a 1080 va iball ups. it's rated for a 600w load for 1 hour.
it's lasted 50 mins+ (the power came back before it could die) but this was only while watching video.
Cabinet- again not too familiar with all the kinds available but the corsair carbide series are commonly suggested by members here. i have an nzxt source myself and can recommend that. other good brands are antec and cooler master.

PSU- seasonic s12 520w ~4-5k
HDD- wd blue 1tb (~4k)
UPS- im not too familiar with ups' but i have a 1080 va iball ups. it's rated for a 600w load for 1 hour.
it's lasted 50 mins+ (the power came back before it could die) but this was only while watching video.
Cabinet- again not too familiar with all the kinds available but the corsair carbide series are commonly suggested by members here. i have an nzxt source myself and can recommend that. other good brands are antec and cooler master.

Okay Ty !
So far,these two are confirm:
Intel i5 4440
WD blue 1tb

Will 520w be enough?
How good is Kingston after sale service?
For RAM,which is better single or dual channel and brand Kingston,corsair or G skill ?
For Cabinet,should have good looking and have good airflow if comes under budget .Probably will add more LED fans later on.

Will wait for more suggestions.

• PSU - Antec VP500PC -3500,
  • Cabinet - Corsair SPEC-01 -3400,
  • HDD - WD Caviar Blue 1TB -4000,
  • UPS - CyberPower BU1000VA UPS - 4000.
  • TOTAL -37,400.

Will 520w be enough?
Absolutely. i'm running a 280x toxic off mine and the gtx 970 is way more efficient than the radeon (newer cards will be having lower power requirements).
the 620w model would only be needed if you're getting something like a 290x.
in fact, you can sli with the gtx 960 or xfire with the 270x on a 620w seasonic psu.

How good is Kingston after sale service?
sorry, no clue there.

For RAM,which is better single or dual channel and brand Kingston,corsair or G skill ?
all 3 are good. corsair has the longest warranty on it's ram in India. dual channel is better than single channel but real world performance difference between the two won't be noticeable 9/10 times.

For Cabinet,should have good looking and have good airflow if comes under budget .Probably will add more LED fans later on.
corsair, cooler master, antec, lian li, nzxt are all good. it just comes down to what's left of your budget. 2-3k is the base cost of a decent cabinet.

• PSU - Antec VP500PC -3500,
  • Cabinet - Corsair SPEC-01 -3400,
  • HDD - WD Caviar Blue 1TB -4000,
  • UPS - CyberPower BU1000VA UPS - 4000.
  • TOTAL -37,400.

Thnx. I will get Seasonic 520 instead of Antec. I was searching for sometime and found Deepcool tesseract was suggested by many.
So which one is better tesseract or spec 01 ?
Between those prices are include tax or exclude?

Absolutely. i'm running a 280x toxic off mine and the gtx 970 is way more efficient than the radeon (newer cards will be having lower power requirements).
the 620w model would only be needed if you're getting something like a 290x.
in fact, you can sli with the gtx 960 or xfire with the 270x on a 620w seasonic psu.

sorry, no clue there.

all 3 are good. corsair has the longest warranty on it's ram in India. dual channel is better than single channel but real world performance difference between the two won't be noticeable 9/10 times.

corsair, cooler master, antec, lian li, nzxt are all good. it just comes down to what's left of your budget. 2-3k is the base cost of a decent cabinet.

Okay !!
I will go for Seasonic 520.Thnx for the suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back