Budget 71-90K New Gaming Rig

Mainak777

Disciple
New Gaming Rig-80k

1. Q: What is your budget?
80k (Without GPU)

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (5 years old)
Dont have any now...sold

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Only UPS..Numeric 600-EX

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

PROCESSOR:- CORE i7 3770K Rs- 19500/-
MOTHERBOARD: - MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard Rs. 15000/-
RAM - G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM Rs. 3000/-
PSU - Seasonic 750W SS-750JS : Rs. 5500/-
GPU - GTX 660ti: Rs. 21000/- (Not Planning to buy now..will be buying after 1 month)
CPU Cooler - Corsair EVO 212: Rs. 2000/-
Hard Disk (Storage) - Seagate Barracuda 1 TB: Rs.4200/-
Cabinet:- Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat Transparent Side Panel Mid Tower Rs- 5000/-
MONITOR:- Dell UltraSharp U2312HM Rs- 15500/-
SPEAKERS:- Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 Rs- 12500/-
DVD-WRITER:- ASUS DVD RW 24X Rs- 1000/-

5. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Kolkata (Mdcomputers or vedant)

6. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

7. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
Downloading & Watching HD movies
Video Editing-Sumtimes

8. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your
preference/dislike.
Dont have any..

9. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Any latest Games..

10. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1920 X 1080
Desktop - 1920 X 1080

11. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Yes

12. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit with Sp1

I wanna invest 80k now without The GPU..after 1 month i will be buying my GPU...Please help me choose..i am keeping my 1 year old UPS..Thanks in advance guys..

@Mainak777 here is what I suggest --

Intel Core i5 3570k ~15000/- + Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~4200/- OR Thermalright Silver Arrow ~4000/-
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO ~16500/- OR GIGABYTE-Z77X-D3H ~13000/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3000/-
HP / ASUS (boxed) optical drive ~1000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4200/- (data dump)
OCZ Vertex4 128GB / 256GB ~7250/- / 14500/- (SSD to speed up everything, from onlyssd.com)
Corsair TX v2650W ~5800/- OR Seasonic X660W ~8000/- (fully modular SMPS)
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/-
DeLL Ultrasharp U2312M ~15500/-
[audio peripherals at your discretion]
APC BR1100VA-IN ~5000/- (your old UPS cannot take the load of the new system and the superior SMPS that it will demand)

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
have you considered Logitech Z906 speakers?
also a gaming mouse and keyboard. something like G400 mouse.
I purchased Carbide 400R cabinet for 4.7k recently and can vouch for that.
I also suggest you to go for 8GBx2 ram. corsair vengeance costed me 5400.

yes i was worried about that same thing that the current UPS cant handle the total load..thanks mate for clearing it up...

btw why not the MSI mpower??i read some good review of that board mate..
& one more thing i used i5 2500K before so i wanted to try i7 3770k ..

@Mainak777 here is what I suggest --

Intel Core i5 3570k ~15000/- + Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~4200/- OR Thermalright Silver Arrow ~4000/-
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO ~16500/- OR GIGABYTE-Z77X-D3H ~13000/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3000/-
HP / ASUS (boxed) optical drive ~1000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4200/- (data dump)
OCZ Vertex4 128GB / 256GB ~7250/- / 14500/- (SSD to speed up everything, from onlyssd.com)
Corsair TX v2650W ~5800/- OR Seasonic X660W ~8000/- (fully modular SMPS)
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/-
DeLL Ultrasharp U2312M ~15500/-
[audio peripherals at your discretion]
APC BR1100VA-IN ~5000/- (your old UPS cannot take the load of the new system and the superior SMPS that it will demand)

- - - Updated - - -

yes i considered about that Logitech Z506 but its bit out of my budget..so wanna stick to SP2500

have you considered Logitech Z906 speakers?
also a gaming mouse and keyboard. something like G400 mouse.
I purchased Carbide 400R cabinet for 4.7k recently and can vouch for that.
I also suggest you to go for 8GBx2 ram. corsair vengeance costed me 5400.

btw why not the MSI mpower??i read some good review of that board mate.

one more thing i sued i5 2500K befor so i wanted to try i7 3770k.

Never heard of the motherboard and frankly at that price point ASUS and GIGABYTE offerings are better (in my opinion) not to add the better build quality and components used.

The Core i5 3570k is more than sufficient for your needs and shall clock well (with appropriate prodding and cooling). The Core i7 3770k unnecessarily will add to your budget, instead of that get a larger SSD with the money saved OR faster RAM kits.

just released 1 months ago i think...read the review here MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower review - Introduction & here too Overclock3D :: Review :: MSI Z77 MPower Review :: Conclusion

but can you suggest a faster RAM kit..preferably 16gb?

Never heard of the motherboard and frankly at that price point ASUS and GIGABYTE offerings are better (in my opinion) not to add the better build quality and components used.

The Core i5 3570k is more than sufficient for your needs and shall clock well (with appropriate prodding and cooling). The Core i7 3770k unnecessarily will add to your budget, instead of that get a larger SSD with the money saved OR faster RAM kits.

just released 1 months ago i think...read the review here MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower review - Introduction & here too Overclock3D :: Review :: MSI Z77 MPower Review :: Conclusion

but can you suggest a faster RAM kit..preferably 16gb?

Limited selection of connectors, no PCI, adding legacy components not possible. ASUS UEFI trumps all in this departments, connectors are more varied and most I / O options are outright same if not similar.

Do you plan to Tri-SLi / CrossFire the graphics card?

RAM kits --

yes in near future i wanna try SLI ...is GIGABYTE-Z77X-UD3H ok for me ??

Limited selection of connectors, no PCI, adding legacy components not possible. ASUS UEFI trumps all in this departments, connectors are more varied and most I / O options are outright same if not similar.

Do you plan to Tri-SLi / CrossFire the graphics card?

RAM kits --

gigabyteasusmsi mpower
Wifinoyesyes + bluetooth
AudioVIA VT2021ALC892ALC898
pcie 3.0 slots1X16, 1X8, 1X42X163X16
SATA 6GB2Extra from Marvel2 Extra from ASMedia0
USB3.04 extra from VIA2 extra from ASMedia4 Extra from Renseas
Here is my take on all the mobos. first of all, everyone is Z77chipset. so basically the things provided by chipset are common to all like, 2 backpanel usb3.0 etc... the things that change are listed in the table. my guess, if you want to go for tri sli in future, you should buy msi, if only two sli cards then you should buy asus. if you just want to spend a big fortune like me on GTX660Ti and live the next 3 years on single gfx card you should buy gigabyte assuming its cheapest. hope this helps.

But i guess the ASUS pro is more better but will cost me 3.5k more ...confused about it...and how is the cooling of that Carbide 400R?

Here are a couple of reviews for the same --
Also if you are going for an SLi setup, go for this SMPS -- Corsair TX v2750W ~6800/-.

Here is my take on all the mobos. first of all, everyone is Z77chipset. so basically the things provided by chipset are common to all like, 2 backpanel usb3.0 etc... the things that change are listed in the table. my guess, if you want to go for tri sli in future, you should buy msi, if only two sli cards then you should buy asus. if you just want to spend a big fortune like me on GTX660Ti and live the next 3 years on single gfx card you should buy gigabyte assuming its cheapest. hope this helps.

Even the GIGABYTE motherboard features SLi support, but then both the cards shall run at x8 bandwidth which shall be enough for a mid-range offering like the GTX660Ti.

Thanks mate for clearing that up...i want to look at the asus one too...but is there any other monitor under 12k ?

Here are a couple of reviews for the same --
Also if you are going for an SLi setup, go for this SMPS -- Corsair TX v2750W ~6800/-.

Even the GIGABYTE motherboard features SLi support, but then both the cards shall run at x8 bandwidth which shall be enough for a mid-range offering like the GTX660Ti.

- - - Updated - - -

i am consider Asus & Gigabyte both..lil bit confused for which 1 i should spend my money..cause asus 1 got good reviews..

Thanks mate for clearing that up...i want to look at the asus one too...but is there any other monitor under 12k?

For monitors under ~12000/- you can look at the following --
  • BenQ G2420HD
  • DeLL ST2220L
For affordable IPS panels, ask @6pack. Cheerio!

i doubt you'll get an affordable ips monitor in 12k with full hd resolution. since you have enough money, i suggest you to get the led version of dell u2312hm.

Thanks mate..can you suggest any 2.1 speakers for 6-7k? for watching movies & gaming

i doubt you'll get an affordable ips monitor in 12k with full hd resolution. since you have enough money, i suggest you to get the led version of dell u2312hm.

i have this aoc monitor and response time is around 14-16ms for this even for movies at full hd resolution. for speaker suggestion please read some of the similar threads opened in the audio section.

Back