CPU/Mobo New*GIGABYTE X58A-UD9 Motherboard

Good find, thanks for sharing :)

PS: Anyone noticed how EVERY board GB makes currently is nothing short of excellent, not to mention costs less than other equal/lesser boards(They especially seem to be undercutting ASUS all the time with their prices)?
What the hell are they on? XD

EDIT: Just saw the pics. properly. How big is this thing? :eek: I doubt it will fit in most mid-towers.

Rear IO looks loaded. Unsure why some companies are still willing to go the extra mile and add the IDE and floppy connectors on the board. They discarded the PCI slots, they could have saved a bit of real estate removing both IDE and floppy too.

A bit of a sqeeze - The two 8 pin power connectors are way up top of the board. It will be a bit of a struggle with the heatpipe and rear connectors so close.

^^ yup! it wont fit in most mid-towers bcoz its E-ATX form factor so full tower is a must choice but afaik NZXT Tempest Evo (mid-tower case) support E-ATX boards...

sometimes i wonder why they cant climb over Asus in almost any category from mobos to gpus n benchies to gamers? even they make the most durable, feature rich yet low cost boards in every segment!!!

DarkNight said:
Rear IO looks loaded. Unsure why some companies are still willing to go the extra mile and add the IDE and floppy connectors on the board. They discarded the PCI slots, they could have saved a bit of real estate removing both IDE and floppy too.

A bit of a sqeeze - The two 8 pin power connectors are way up top of the board. It will be a bit of a struggle with the heatpipe and rear connectors so close.

+1
Doesn't help that virtually all new cases have bottom mounted PSU's.

Anyway, there should be 4 PCIe 16x lanes running to warrant that sort of elaborate PCI-E expansion arrangement. Assuming you install cards leaving one slot between each, that's 3 GPU in SLi/Xfire AND an additional card for Physx etc., all feeding off 8x(one will still run at 16x, i think the last one) at the very least if you somehow manage to populate the other 3 slots. Sounds good. :)

@Icon_211
ASUS is still the market leader and has been for some time now, though GB is slowly but surely getting there. :)

Interesting. Thanks for sharing this. Will have to wait for the official reviews. It seems like an E-ATX form factor. It has 2x nForce chips to arrange the lanes to: 1, 3, 5 and 7 are all electrically 16x, while slots 2, 4 and 6 are 8x. They have provided molex power input sources next to the PCI.E lanes. Doubt those will work, once broad cards are installed. Weird.

dr.sankhadeep said:
if the pricing is good i will get this....this motherboard will fill my lian li p80

Just curious, any particular reason you would want this? I see why it may be of value for folding or for breaking benchmark world records though(which i think is what the X58 platform is for, generally speaking anyway) XD. Im guessing just pure boast value? Either way its all good =D

@asingh
As far as i can see there is just one molex power connector(correct me if im wrong), which is to be used for additional stability/power when running more than 3 GPU's. I agree with the placement being wierd though, it may be a b**ch to get it in with the last slot populated, though its right at the end of the PCB so i guess it can be shoe horned in, if you ever need to use it at all anyway.

^^

One perpendicular to slot 1, and one parallel to slot 7. Even my board has a molex connector like that next to slot one of PCI.E. Not sure why companies do such dumb things. Yes, it was a pain.

They are labeled PCIE_12_1 and PCIE_12_2 respectively.

asingh said:
^^
One perpendicular to slot 1, and one parallel to slot 7. Even my board has a molex connector like that next to slot one of PCI.E. Not sure why companies do such dumb things. Yes, it was a pain.

They are labeled PCIE_12_1 and PCIE_12_2 respectively.

Thank you for pointing it out. Yeah that looks to be a real pain. I wonder if you can fit that molex plug "under" the PCI-E cards. Also noticed what i think is the front panel audio connector next to it. :|
Im not sure how much of a difference these will make and how essential they are, but then again boards like these are in uncharted territory.

EDIT: Wow, the one on the MSI P45 Platinum board is practically glued to the first PCI-E slot. How did you manage that? : |

Wow, the one on the MSI P45 Platinum board is practically glued to the first PCI-E slot. How did you manage that?

Yes, was a pain. Put in the molex first, then the accelerator. Just about fits. Just..

Christ, I have never seen such an impressive board packed with features to boot. The only thing missing was the SATA3 slots - they haven't become a defacto standard as yet!

24 VRMs and 2 8pin power connectors - this board is a bencher's wet dream! Might take on the EVGA Classified series. Those 7 PCI-Ex slots are a pure overkill with the current gen cards taking up 2 to 3 slots for the dual/triple slot cooling mechanisms.

Pricing could be well above the 25k mark if it hits the market. :p

Hoollllyyy shit......7 PCI-Ex slots:rolleyes: imagine i7 965 with max OCed with GTX 480 in 4 way sli or HD5970 in 4 way CF:rolleyes: which PSU will work:rolleyes: and BTW which CPU requires 8x8=16 pin CPU power. i think those server grade mobos which have 2 CPU sockets requires 16 or more pin.

Naga said:
Lol, waited almost a month to get the UD7 and now this :p! Wait a little more :p ?

Certainly XD

PS:-
GIGABYTE X58A-UD9 doing some W.R. 2D/3D damage on ORB & HWBOT - XtremeSystems Forums
ud3ud9.jpg

sany00312.jpg

^Pics. courtesy xtremesystems.org .

Back