Graphic Cards New GPU for around 7000/-

CPU: Intel i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz
RAM: Corsair 4GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz
Mobo: Intel DH67BL
PSU: Corsair VS550

Need to buy a new psu for around 3500. (Bought Corsair VS550 for 3000/-)
I was using a vx450 which served me well for 7-8 years and am looking for something that's just as reliable.
So which is the best psu nowadays for around 3500?

Also want to know which would be the best gpu to get for around 7500.

Thanks.

Last edited:
What is your other configuration and what would be your usage ?

Please use template to fill this info. It helps suggesting in a betterwat. :)

Intel i5 2400
Corsair Value 4gb
Intel dh67bl

Its a mid-range gaming PC.
Also I never overclock.

I notice everyone keeps recommending the much costlier Seasonic S2 520w over the Corsair vs550 which I was considering; are the Corsair units not good enough?.

I want something that will be able to handle mid-range gpus released in the next few years.

I notice everyone keeps recommending the much costlier Seasonic S2 520w over the Corsair vs550 which I was considering; are the Corsair units not good enough?.
Your Corsair VX was based on a Seasonic S12. The newer CX and VS series in comparison are both downgrades with lots of cost cutting, i.e. no guarantee it will have as long a lifespan as the VX. The VS series was initially introduced for the Chinese market - that should tell you sort of market they're targeting.

Damn, I already ordered a vs550.
So you are saying its actually worse than my old vx450?

I just want something decent in the 3500 price range that will be able to run current mid-range gpus :(.

Damn, I already ordered a vs550.
So you are saying its actually worse than my old vx450?

I just want something decent in the 3500 price range that will be able to run current mid-range gpus
Yes the VS is nowhere near the VX.
The PSU market doesn't change much in pricing. The VX450 was about 4k back in the day, and even today an equivalent S12II 430 is about 4k.
You're probably ok even with the 430W. Your system's peak load with a midrange GPU like the R7 250x shouldn't cross 250W.

Get a Seasonic ECO 500/Antec VP550.
The whole point in getting a Seasonic is the better capacitor quality. If the Eco uses cheap components like the Corsair CX/VS, whats the point? Antec VP550 has a new revision and there's no review of the new revision.

Ah well, got a corsair vs550 for 3k.
The seasonic was significantly more than what I wanted to spend at 5k.

Guess products like the vx450 (excellent quality + pricing) don't come as often as we would like.

+rep and thanks for all the help.

If you ordered the psu from flipkart you can still cancel the order , go into your orders sction in flipkart & click cancel , get the cheaper cx430 http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-cx4...b_15&ref=3dd10e53-1772-4ca2-b0db-b9b24d530de8

cx430 is enough for your requirement & it has better build quality than the vs550 + cheaper .

I run i5 3450 + GTX 650 ti boost on a cx 400 .

It will also be able to handle the newer mid range GPUS realeased later because the power consumption of newer GPUs will keep getting lower .

Last edited:
Already bought the vs550 and installed it. It was a pretty rash decision now that I think of it, should have bought the cx430 since that is 80-plus certified.

My entire home computer and network had crashed due to a short circuit in the powerline and I was reduced to using mobile internet (not the best conditions for researching pc components).
And apparently one now needs to keep up with all the business strategies employed by companies such as cost cutting in capacitors (seriously, a consumer surely can't be expected to keep up with such details).

The Result: I end up buying the vs550 which is actually inferior to my 7 year old vx450 :(.
The Seasonic was way out of budget, so not gonna ponder over that.

Now I don't want to repeat history with my gpu purchase.
So anyone; GTX650 or R7 250 or anything else in the 7500/- range?

I am leaning toward the Palit GTX650 1GB DDR5 since Nvidia has better drivers.[DOUBLEPOST=1410854937][/DOUBLEPOST]Bump.

Should I go ahead with a Palit or Gainward GTX650 1GB DDR5?

Is a 2GB card worth getting if the vram is DDR3?

Last edited:
2 GB DDR5 > 1 GB DDR5 > 2 GB DDR3. More VRAM is needed for ultra high resolutions / multi monitor setup. One a single 1080p monitor, 1GB DDR5 is more than enough on most titles. Faster VRAM matters, not larger.
As for GPU, go with the one that gives better RMA in your city. I have no idea who handles Gainward & Palit RMA.

Thanks for the update.
I'll be going for a Zotac GTX650 2GB DDR5.

Aditya Infotech has offices in my city and were very helpful the last time I had to RMA my gpu.

Back