Intel core 2 duo
e7200@2.53ghz
2.52ghz,2gb ram
smps cooler master clm 600
Samsung 15'' CRT monitor
my budget is around 7k-8k
Open for ATI/NVIDIA

These are my existing system configuraiton

I had a xfx pcx geforce 8800GT 512mb graphics card,a week back it has stopped working and i could see it has a burnt pcb part,,i suspect its due to heat generated by it.

i took to rashi in chennai,i bought the card in delta peripheral,they said burnt pcb will not come under replacement or warranty and they will send to xfx with 90 days time but no guarantee on replacement,i cehcked with xfx support they also said that warranty is up to the reseller to replace..

i dont ahve much hope in gettng my card back....

has any 1 go the same problem before?

also as the time goes by i need your expert suggestion reg the new card if i need 2 buy...i have given my specs...

my budget is around 7k-8k

i also planning to change my monitor to HD benq series.

keeping in these in mind let me know the card whihc i can buy...i could see that the card in USA or cheap compared to india..so let me know your thought of getting the card in USA

some cards i heard ATI 5770,4770,4870

njraman said:
I had a xfx pcx geforce 8800GT 512mb graphics card,a week back it has stopped working and i could see it has a burnt pcb part,,i suspect its due to heat generated by it.

The PSU can be the culprit here as well. You should perhaps change your PSU and buy something better and reliable. Just my 2 cents.

Seems like the CM took another victim..... Change your PSU first to something like Corsair 450W or greater....... Then go for a HD 5670 coz the max resolution that you are playing at is 1024x768 (if I am not wrong)..... Its sligtly more powerful than 8800 and retails for about Rs. 5600.....

With your budget get a CX400 ~ 2.8k/Gigabyte Superb 460 ~2.2k and a HD4770 512MB GDDR5 ~ 6.2k.
The HD4770 performance about 90% of the HD4850 but the load power consumption is only 85w~.

You can choose between 4870 and 5770.... 4870 has better performance and 5770 has much lower power usage, DX 11 support & HD audio support...

And as Darkangel suggested get a better PSU because I have heard a lot about CoolerMaster Extreme series 600 Watts PSU's...

Just a query though, does your cabinet have enough ventilation and airflow... I have seen people with the back of the cabinet facing a closed corner so all the hot air keeps circulating in the cabinet causing ambient temps in the Cabinet to rise sometimes a lot....

Hi

all thanks for your reply and suggestion

@John

Like you said my cabinet is currently in closed corner.I had two extra fans but they were making hell out of noise so i removed them so 6 months back...

also when i check my speed fan temp i get bizzared values

system 82c

cpu 69C

AUX -128C

HDO 46C

Core0 59C

core1 59C

CPU0 Fan 1042 RPM

Vcore 0.89V

+12V 9.93V

Avcc 3.09V

i am not sure the temp are due to poor air circulation or the faulty psu ..the voltage i get also is around 9.93V not even 10v

Back