Car & Bike New Hatchback Compact/midsize car

*Raj*

Adept
I intend to buy a new petrol hatchback car shortly. My consideration are comfort, performance and fuel economy. Cost is no bar provided it satisfies my requirements. So far, I have been using Zen and santro only and wanna switch over to other than these. All r welcome based on their personal experience :)

try the Fiat Palio Stile 1.6L Sport.. its a good car.. good performance..

been using a Palio for more than 7 years now.. never had any complaints.. should give it for servicing regularly..

another option is the Skoda Fabia.. very nice car..

or if you are considering a Diesel engine.. palio multijet diesel.. very good performance..

Edit: even the Swift diesel is a nice option..

*Raj* said:
I intend to buy a new petrol hatchback car shortly. My consideration are comfort, performance and fuel economy. Cost is no bar provided it satisfies my requirements. So far, I have been using Zen and santro only and wanna switch over to other than these. All r welcome based on their personal experience :)

i20 lacks a bit on performance though.. u dont get the feel of the car..

Avoid skoda, i can vouch for the performance of the Palio stile 1.6 sports, but its a bit outdated in the current market scenario.

You might want to wait for 2 months, there are few new hatchbacks which are making into the market. Like Honda Jazz, suzuki ritz, etc....

Wait for 6 months or so and get the grand punto that is rumoured to launch with a 1.6 litre diesel engine that puts out 120bhp. if diesel is not your thing there is a 1.6 petrol too with 106 bhp coming.

Its launching this week with the same 90bhp engines that come on the linea if you dont want to wait

Saiyan said:
Avoid skoda, i can vouch for the performance of the Palio stile 1.6 sports, but its a bit outdated in the current market scenario.

You might want to wait for 2 months, there are few new hatchbacks which are making into the market. Like Honda Jazz, suzuki ritz, etc....

Are you sure that Honda Jazz will debut after 2 months ? If yes then I might postpone my car buying for now :p

@OP : Palio is a great car and offers great mileage :)

Dark Star said:
Are you sure that Honda Jazz will debut after 2 months ? If yes then I might postpone my car buying for now :p

@OP : Palio is a great car and offers great mileage :)

Yepp.. Its suppose to be launched in June end.. & should be on road one month after that..

Jazz will probably be quite expensive though, > 6 lakhs ex showroom. The grande punto and suzuki ritz are also launching soon. Both should be priced around the same or a bit more than the swift.

Theres a good deal going on the Getz too, i feel its probably an underrated car. I had a TD of almost every car in the small car and hatchback segment and i found the getz to be the best of the lot. Build quality, rear legroom, boot space, ride quality were all ahead of the swift. The 1.3 petrol is quite well priced. The engine isnt very powerful but its not underpowered either. FE is also reasonable

PS: Tho if u must know i finally bough the Swift D for mileage reasons :p (Plus the addictive torque!)

if u are waiting for a few months and are willing to buy a diesel car.. fiat is comin out with the mighty BRAVO.. with a 1.9L Multi-jet diesel burner with claimed around 140 BHP..

Whatever happened to the 'Cost is no bar provided it satisfies my requirements' statement! :S

@whacky_rohan: You do realise the price of the hatch is somewhere north of 18L?

Back