PC Peripherals New i5 Rig from SP Road

jc36lect3r

Skilled
Just got a new rig from Ankit Infotech, SP Road, Bangalore. Specs and prices are as follows:

Intel i5-750----------------------------- 9700
Gigabyte P55M UD2---------------------- 7300
GSKILL RipJaws DDR 3 1600 4GB---------- 6800
Sapphire Ati Radeon HD 5850 1 GB--------16700
Corsair TX 650--------------------------- 5800
Cooler Master HAF 922------------------- 6300
Sony 24X DVD RW----------------------- 1200
2 X 120mm Cooler Master Fans----------- 700

Total with VAT-------------------------56680

The P55 mobo prices just went up it seems, and also the 5850 was a bit pricey too.

I hope the PSU is a good one, went to get the VX 550, but got it instead, seeing I might be Crossfiring in future.

The cabinet looks absolutely killer, with the 2 blue LED fans...

Comments??

Did HAF922 come with blue fans? I tok the same from Ankit but its only one 200mm fan with Red LED in front with switch...

BTW very good config and all the best.

kiran1103 said:
Did HAF922 come with blue fans? I tok the same from Ankit but its only one 200mm fan with Red LED in front with switch...

BTW very good config and all the best.

Thanks, and no, no blue fans. It has 3 fans, one in front with red LED, at the top and at the back. I got two blue LED fans from CM separately and attached them at the sides.

mine is the same config as urs except for the ram(wanted to stick to corsair)...
if its jus gaming and nothing elz matters, its an amazing rig believe me...

congrats bro... :hap2:

Heyy, I have taken the 200mm CM Red fan and installed it on side panel. I think you have put two 120mm fans. You should try the 200mm fans on side panel. Looks really cool.

madcrazyboys said:
mine is the same config as urs except for the ram(wanted to stick to corsair)...
if its jus gaming and nothing elz matters, its an amazing rig believe me...

congrats bro... :hap2:

thanks, yes its just gaming and nothing else matters...

Its my 2nd Intel rig, the first one being around 8 years back, a Pentium 500 Mhz :D. There were two AMDs inbetween, both very good processors. Hope the i5 lives upto all its good reviews....

nice config and good price on TX650 and HAF922. But try and get the prices for UD2 and 5850 reduced.

btw, are u sure 9700/- for i5 750 is inclusive vat?

Core i5 i750 @ 9.7k

MSI P55-GD65 @ 9.8k

OR

Asus P7P55-D @ 10.4k

CM HAF 922 @ 6.3k

Corsait TX750W @ 7.3k

Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 16k

If u indeed want to CFx, get one of these boards...IMO CFx HD5850 on a mATX board???? Gigabyte P55 UD2?

^+1

@OP
also, if you are cfxing shouldnt you look for a board that gives full x8 PCIe lanes? I think MSI CD53 has that. Some time back another forum member Anubis was looking for a P55 Cfx board and decided on CD53.

is this show off thread or any question about pc feedback if the config is good for balanced system...

and EPIC fail where are the photos

@mode pls move this thread to show-off at all etc :p

Arun.P said:
is this show off thread or any question about pc feedback if the config is good for balanced system...

and EPIC fail where are the photos

@mode pls move this thread to show-off at all etc :p

Err... sorry not meant to be a show off thread :( just wanted to get some comments about the overall configuration.

All prices as given in the bill. Wasn't sure if the TX-650 was an ideal choice hence the thread.

The HAF and TX-650 prices were "adjusted" after some negotiations, I think no one was buying the HAF 922 so the dealer was keen to sell it off. There's a new Storm Sniper which replaced my HAF in the shop, prospective buyers might get a deal on it, too. Just ask for a lower end CM 690 which isn't available from the guy named Dinesh and agree to consider the Storm Sniper telling that its way over your bidget and he just might cut you a deal.

The same went for the TX-650, I got the impression that he got it for some

customer who backed off from purchase hence it was lying about unsold for quite some time.

Good point about the Crossfire issue, it had skipped my mind. It seems I will have to put that idea on hold.

Hardly any time to spend with the rig, too much work these days, so no photos as of now :( maybe if I get some time off from playing ME2 over the weekend I will get some pics.

Was a bit skeptical about MSI boards, seeing some comments about their after sales support, so went for Gigabyte. Yes its a uATX, but the price was very attractive for its features.

Back