CPU/Mobo New Jetway JM2A692-GDG

Just got my Jetway M2A692-GDG Mobo with Athlon 3600+ X2 and Kingston 1GB DDR2/667

The manufacturing date on the Mobo is January 2007. What I want to know is do I need to flash the BIOS with a new version to get everything working properly as I heard there are some major probs with the inbuilt BIOS.

Also does any one who bought this, have links for all the latest drivers and BIOS associated with this Mobo. Searching for drivers is really bugging. Are the drivers on CD the latest or have there been any updates?

i just used network drivers from CD.

Download latest catalyst suit for 690G chipset from ATI website.

The stock bios is little buggy and lacks some of the more advanced options. But still it did not give me too much trouble.

This is the page for bios download.

Jetway Download Web Site

Download A05. Its good.

The latest driver for the 690G is 7.4 but it has bugs and causes system to shut down. Therefore, download this version i.e. 7.3, assuming you have windows xp pro.
As for other drivers, you can get it from the jetway site.

do u mean the hotkey pressing on the boot to select the boot device?

I dont think its there in this mobo. I didnt really look for it but from what i remember u have to change it in bios and thats only way unlike Asus bios where you hitF8 on boot and it will give you entire list of devices to select from.

I will check on next reboot. My PC has not been shut down in days so will check next time :p

Thanks funky & plsoft. What abt the audio drivers?

Also am installing this in my office (home office). Haven't tried Windows Vista yet, but was planning to install the cracked Windows Vista Nope group release which is supposed to be as good as original. Do I stay with windows XP for now or are the 690G drivers fine for Windows Vista? Was planning to run Windows XP thru Virtual PC 2007. Wat do u ppl suggest?

Back