new laptop - inspiron 1705

stormblast

Skilled
finally got the laptop with me. had bought it in april but some problems & no1 to get it here, & then someone finally got it from usa 3 days back.

great laptop. the screen is really good & a lot of workspace in 3d, after effects etc cause its wuxga.

if someone is thinking of going for a laptop this is the 1 to go & dual core also surely helps with these softwares. for people looking as a gaming point of view they can get a 7900go with the laptop now which will be more than enough for all the games, but since my bro dint need this laptop for games i got the x1400 which is more than sufficient.

will post some pics shortly. here is the config.

Inspiron E1705 Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2400 (1.83GHz/667MHz FSB)

Operating System (Office software not included) Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

LCD Panel 17 inch UltraSharpâ„¢ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLifeâ„¢

Memory 1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz

Video Card 256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory

Hard Drive 100GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem

Combo/DVD+RW Drives 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability

Wireless Networking Cards Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini Card (54Mbps)

Primary Battery 80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Carrying Cases Dell Nylon Deluxe Carrying Case

it cost me $1330 with shipping & tax. without tax it was around 1270$. tax is somewhere between 50$ to 120$ in usa varying from state to state.

the laptop itself cost around 2020$ after which i used the 750$ discount code.

you can also get this same config with a 7900go for around the same price. it will be around 1400$ max with tax & shipping with a 7900go.

thanks google. after using dual core on the laptop now suddenly feeling that my single core opteron isnt that great. multitasking is really great on the laptop.

@ aditya - what good is paying 100$ more for something that wont be used & that would kill the battery & make it less than half of what it is now.

wanted to ask what software u guys use for checking cpu temp on laptop.

i dunno if it is showing it right or wrong to me. i am using everest ultimate edition & when 3dmax render was on, its showing the temperature as 26deg. wtf 26deg, is it really that low on laptops?

Back