Budget 41-50k New light weight and fast laptop

Hi !
Looking to buy a general purpose laptop. Need light weight and fast, dont mind a smaller screen. But portable and good battery life. Not going to play too many games but occasional movies only. Any body using asus or acer models ? are they good and long lasting ? Never tried anything other then Toshiba. I like Dell but willing to go for asus or lenovo models too.
Thanks !

Look for anything with Ryzen (4500u or better) or 11th Gen Intel (Core i5 or better). Check both Flipkart and Amazon but usually FK has better deals.

If light-weight is preference -
https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/lg-gram-...e-14z990-thin-light-laptop/p/itmf61e28b433581 This has the most color-accurate display but has a 2 year old processor.

If fastest processor is preference -

Or https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08PXQLNZH/

My experience with Asus' Vivobook hasn't been great but service was okay. So if you buy 3-5 yr Extended Warranty, Asus should be good.

Thanks guys..going to buy from gulf not many options here. Have used Lenovo office laptop before, the quality i know wasn't great but for the price did the job.
Please suggest some more of dell/asus/acer/msi/lenovo. Looking for 14" one. This year mostly all laptops are high priced due to shortage from china markets.
Unfortunately not able to find LG models here locally.
This one seems interesting ASUS Zenbook 14 Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5-4500U.
Trying to see if can get MSI onces.

Just a suggestion, when going for a thin and light laptops, try to get one with USB-C charging. There's always a bit of paranoia when it comes to laptop and batteries, and USB-C's are such a convenient way to charge all your peripherals from a single charger.

Yeah, most options are expensive here. the zenbooks from Asus is a decent option though.

I am still confused with asus or lenovo or dell. Acer I feel is still not really good with laptops. Any good dell models with 1tb+ssd option ?

I am still confused with asus or lenovo or dell. Acer I feel is still not really good with laptops. Any good dell models with 1tb+ssd option ?
Dell has had a lot of QC issues lately. Look at the Thinkpads if you're concerned about reliability/durability. Laptops with an HDD will give up a lot in terms of size/weight.

Honestly there aren't many options in your price range. You have to compromise with the CPU ( 8th gen i5) to get a light laptop with decent battery life.
Is the older XPS13 available there? Swift 3 is not a bad option, unless you compare the screen side by side with expensive ultrabooks.
Zenbooks are also decent, but avoid the Vivobooks.
Have you checked thin and light ideapads? Light ThinkPads are very expensive.
I'm using a 2019 Gram ( 8th gen i5, 16 GB memory and 512 GB SSD) It's shockingly light and so far didn't throttle with audio production related works, MS office and SPSS, few other proprietary statistics related software, some LR/ Capture One ( mostly Capture One...a better solution compared to LR IMHO, unless you have huge database)

Last edited:

Lenovo IdeaPad 3-81WD00PAAX,Intel Core i5,8GB RAM,1TB HDD,128GB SSD,2GB MX330,14" FHD,Windows 10​

Is a 128 gb ssd + 1 tb hdd a fair enough combination ? I came across a Lenovo priced 53k.

Thanks.

Lenovo IdeaPad 3-81WD00PAAX,Intel Core i5,8GB RAM,1TB HDD,128GB SSD,2GB MX330,14" FHD,Windows 10​

Is a 128 gb ssd + 1 tb hdd a fair enough combination ? I came across a Lenovo priced 53k.

Thanks.
I never liked this kind of configuration of 1tb hdd + ssd. OS will eat most of the ssd. You can hardly install any big softwares and will quickly run out of space. You should search for 512gb ssd based config with additional slots for future expansion.

After lot of running around finally settled for a Lenovo Flex 5 i5 14 inch 11gen 256 gb ssd 8 gb intel iris xe 2 gb. Damage = 57570/- Hows the model rated ? 512 ssd was way to costly with only intel i7 or amd ryzen.
Really wanted a 15 incher but not many options.
Asus.. Acer and hp tried to avoid. Dell prices this year has gone crazy especially the xps series.

Last edited:
5 hours every day is a lot of time, get the 15 incher. I have a 14 inch laptop now and I will definitely upgrade to a 16 inch laptop next.
Better option is to get a bigger monitor + wired or wireless kb/mo combo. Cheaper definitive productivity increase!

Better option is to get a bigger monitor + wired or wireless kb/mo combo. Cheaper definitive productivity increase!
+1
No laptop screen is ever going to be big enough. Not the best idea to compromise on portability (the whole point of a laptop) in order to gain an extra inch or two.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions guys..

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-03-17 at 23.51.06.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-17 at 23.51.06.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 100
Back