Mac OS New MBP free lion upgrade

Pernicious

Disciple
Okay guys, help me out here. My friend got me a new MBP 13 for me from Hong Kong, and it was purchased sometime around 15th of June, and I got it registered 3 days after it. It is eligible for the Lion upgrade, but sadly I do not have the bill :/ My friend did not get it. I am currently on SL 10.6.7, is there any way to get the free Lion upgrade?

Thanks.

You don't need any bill!

Just go to their upgrade page....enter your MBP's Serial Number and provide some random details(as they will ask US details!) and it will ask you for Apple account which you surely will be having by default...enter the credit card details..don't worry they won't charge you anything...its only for verification!

After you check out, you will get Content Code, enter that code in the redeem field in App Store, and your Lion will start downloading...for free ;) :)

Well, I have entered a fake US address (apple store address lol) but can I use my India's debit card....fine? I have citigold debit card Maestro, when I choose master card and enter details, its saying please correct the field.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Well, it seems debit card doesn't work. Is it safe to give any address of UK/US and use an Indian Credit Card? The name on the card and address of the person can be different?

I don't want to go to jail lol!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Help guys, I tried to enter my debit card details via apple uk, using an uk address, it then accepted my card first at the payment info page, then when it Verifies the card, it said sorry your bank declined for the necessary funds and blalbla, but its supposed to be free...

Okay I downloaded it, now I need to know, should I install it right away, or is there somehting to backup or anything before the upgrade, spare me the flaming a total mac newbie. Also, How do I make a DVD of Lion?

Guys,i know its OT

But does battery life take a hit on upgrading to lion?

That concern is stopping me from upgrading,since i'm only getting close to 5 hours on SL

I've read that there's a slight impact, but I haven't experienced it for sure yet since I just upgraded last night. My MBP is currently charging so I'll find out later today if there is an impact and how much.

Having used it all day, I can't say that I've noticed any difference in battery life. Maybe it was impacted a wee bit because I was messing around more, exploring the new features and stuff. So no biggie.

Back