Budget 10-15K New mobile advice for a 50 year old | past mobile Moto C Plus

Jules Goes

Disciple
1. Budget?
A: INR 10k-15k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 4.7"-5.5", IPS LCD/AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android ( Preferred stock Android )

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).

A: 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: whatsapp and calls

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot,internal storage 128GB

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: non

Can you share the person's prior experience with Moto?
If he's fine with Moto, then I would suggest getting a Moto G52. Close to stock Android, so no unnecessary apps, bloatware or ads. Amazing battery life. Plus, it's easy on your hands, wrists too given it's light weight.

Since being taken over by Lenovo, Moto is largely a has-been brand. You will get something with poor thermals, standard components and the least number of updates of any manufacturer.

Bloatware or otherwise, it is difficult to find anything better than Samsung in that price range, unless you are okay with what the Chinese OEMs do their UI. As enthusiasts, we can root for stock Android but most find OneUI to be more usable.

Would recommend something that has stock Google os as it wud help them being able to navigate more easily as they are already used to it
Miui can be a bit too confusing
Realme ui is fine

stock android NOT GOOD for general user.. as it's simply dull (from my point of view).

Motorola is also a Chinese company...
any suggestions ?
Since being taken over by Lenovo, Moto is largely a has-been brand. You will get something with poor thermals, standard components and the least number of updates of any manufacturer.

Bloatware or otherwise, it is difficult to find anything better than Samsung in that price range, unless you are okay with what the Chinese OEMs do their UI. As enthusiasts, we can root for stock Android but most find OneUI to be more usable.
was staying away from Samsung due to poor service center in my area & repair cost. But could you suggest a Samsung phone ?

any suggestions ?

was staying away from Samsung due to poor service center in my area & repair cost. But could you suggest a Samsung phone ?
Samsung M21 (2021), friend using since last Sept/Oct 2021 ... heavy Calls & YouTube user ... didn't found any hardware issue till today. (he received Android 12 update)
I'm using Samsung A50S since 2020 Diwali... till today no issue, though I have minimal use (hardly one or two calls in a day) (still on Android 11 only)
If Samsung have poor service than get idea about other brands service center too.. and decide
as per my experience, if phone didn't face accidental drops/fall from heights/water damage , you may NEVER face any issue with any brand.

any suggestions ?

My father has the 2020 M21 and has no issues till date. He actually has no issues with OneUI whereas he struggled a bit with the Mi A1 on stock android that he used before.

Till date, the only time I visited a service centre for a phone issue was more than a decade ago for a LG phone, and that too because at that time I messed up the bootloader and caused it to be stuck in fastboot (early days of messing with Cyanogenmod without much documentation).

as per my experience, if phone didn't face accidental drops/fall from heights/water damage , you may NEVER face any issue with any brand.
Spare battery ?

Genuine battery can only be found at the service centre.

Pick up a couple spare batteries within 5 years of the phone's launch and you will be good

Expect stock battery to last 2-3 years from first use.

Back